worst (sufu) waywt fits

I wanna give Fap some credit, I definitely understand where he's coming from. His criticism is relevant to him and a handful of other people and I think it's totally reasonable. Supreme is a tough one because they actively pursue a market outside skateboarding and have definitely ridden a wave of success on the backs of people that don't know the history of the brand, don't skate, and in Morse's case...wear it for e-cred alone. I'd be surprised if the people he's referring to, and maybe Morse is one of them (or maybe not), would ever buy something that didn't distinctly say "SUPREME" on it for everyone else to see, and I think that's where the criticism is valid. It definitely doesn't apply to everyone, or even most people, and to most Fap's reasoning seems ridiculous...but I kinda feel the same way when I see a landlocked kid wearing a Channel Islands tee. I'm like...yo, you've never surfed in your life. You've never slopped through 2ft closeouts in 50 degree water at 6am and pulled the same frigid wetsuit back on 3 hours later when the surf picks back up. I know it's just a tee shirt, but that kid is trying to show others that he identifies with people that surf, but to those of us that actually do we're just like...really man. Really. Now that CI apparel (and other more true surf brands) are being distributed far away from the coast and into areas they have no relation to other than the ability to sell a tee, that argument invalidates itself cause the brand is stepping away from its roots, just like Supreme has. Not sure if any of this makes sense, it might to Fap, but I guess if you want to have your other non-surfer friends think you jump in the water every now and then, then pull on that CI tee.

I guess it's kind of a moot point anyways, since that Mtv commercial with OF wearing Supreme started running a few weeks ago I've had dozens of kids coming in asking if we carry "Tyler the Creator hats"...I just tell them to go to the website and they usually respond with "what's Supreme".

I guess it's kind of a moot point anyways, since that Mtv commercial with OF wearing Supreme started running a few weeks ago I've had dozens of kids coming in asking if we carry "Tyler the Creator hats"...I just tell them to go to the website and they usually respond with "what's Supreme".

i don't wear supreme(much) and this angers me

How come nobody's getting mad at the people who wear Hurley and don't surf?

Because surfers already did.

Anyone get it yet?

When there's a clothing line that's originally marketed towards and styled for a certain subculture, and people who aren't apart of that subculture wear the clothing for fashion, that subculture is going to get upset about it. Skateboarding, surfing, BMX, hip-hop, metal, Chinese labor (a Superfuturians dad was apart of this debate before,) it's the same fuckin noise.

I'm surprised at how stupid some of you guys are sounding. Considering how you people flaunt this forum as being the "best," you guys sound like idiots when it comes to differentiating style, fashion, and everything in between.

And to say that you wouldn't be able to tell a dude was a skater without him holding a skateboard... wrong. Skaters are built a certain way and hold themselves a certain way. Same as surfers. Can't figure out if a dudes a surfer or not?

In dumbass fashionisto term, it's called "swag."

And to say that you wouldn't be able to tell a dude was a skater without him holding a skateboard... wrong. Skaters are built a certain way and hold themselves a certain way. Same as surfers. Can't figure out if a dudes a surfer or not?

In dumbass fashionisto term, it's called "swag."

You're absolutely wrong. Maybe professional skater (but I doubt it), but apart from maybe not being fat, that's it. And I didn't say you couldn't tell if someone was a skater without holding a board, I said that someone dressed in Supreme without a board, the average person wouldn't know they skate.