worst (sufu) waywt fits

Duh. That's why all these chumps be buying Undercover.

really? when I think of uc, I think of mike lowery in his diaplex and bai in his knit rider, and that one streetstyle guy. I only know bacon talks about it a lot, but I don't think he set the trend. I'm not bashing on him in any way, what he does is dope, but in no way is he a trendsetter.

What I consider sufu trends is when almost everybody is embracing one particular item. So it's got more to do with items rather than brands as far as I see it. We always (as long as I've lurked at least) been up on HL, MMM, Raf, Jun, n(n), Ann D etc. etc. But suddenly there is one item from one brand that everybody cops. Ie. the Lanvin sneakers, the Supreme five panel, the Margiela gats, New Balance sneakers etc. And I guess the UU rider.

i was just uncertain of what a superfuture trend was because djrajio had christened bacon a "trendsetter." if he means trendsetter on the board, his claim or prediction could play out to be accurate. my whole deal was that i couldn't see "trend" setting because this is just how these asians do. they buy what is hot in japan.

as far as the a particular label's or designer's item being hot or a trend on superfuture i can definitely see what you are saying.

Edited by Woogie

pr. obvious rajio wrote that to self-authenticate. can't call himself a trendsetter for wearing some weird/gaudy/costumey/borderline ugly shit cause he knows he'll get dumped on (rightfully so). hyping someone else doing the same is safer. only time will tell if this works; depends on how many "chumps" buy into it.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by SSchadenfreude, April 26, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by SSchadenfreude, April 26, 2012 - No reason given

just read djrajio's post more thoroughly. he referred to bacon as a "trend influencer" not "trend setter."

this actually changes things. my bad. influencing a trend is much much different than setting one.

*conversation taken in the context as far as this forum is concerned

Edited by Woogie

i'm so painfully painfully bored

woogie let's move on ok

sorry man. i'll try harder next time to entertain. find bad fit, post here, then leave snarky comment, ok?

i was just uncertain of what a superfuture trend was because djrajio had christened bacon a "trendsetter." if he means trendsetter on the board, his claim or prediction could play out to be accurate. my whole deal was that i couldn't see "trend" setting because this is just how these asians do. they buy what is hot in japan.

as far as the a particular label's or designer's item being hot or a trend on superfuture i can definitely see what you are saying.

I dunno what "these asians" do but I am not sure UC is that hot in Japan right now the way facetasm is. My understanding of what Rajio said is that, RIGHT NOW (doesn't matter if people knew about it/wore it before) UC is popular on styleforum and Baconzilla was one of the people who kickstarted that. He is getting a lot of positive feedback on his fits and prob a few emulators. Keep in mind that sufu has some posted fits and recent buys threads but what makes it important is the thousands of lurkers or relatively discrete posters who buy what they see in here. I wouldn't be able to quantify its impact on the american retail scene but I think that for some high-fashion/niche brands and retailers it is probably much higher than we'd think at first.

pr. obvious rajio wrote that to self-authenticate. can't call himself a trendsetter for wearing some weird/gaudy/costumey/borderline ugly shit cause he knows he'll get dumped on (rightfully so). hyping someone else doing the same is safer. only time will tell if this works; depends on how many "chumps" buy into it.

That fucking forum was introduced to Julius, Lad Musician and a bunch of Japanese brands that opened the floodgates of japanese fashion/styling fanboyism by a few key individuals, one of them rajio, so he definitely had a hand in shaping sufu aesthetic. I know it sorta sounds ludicrous nowadays as many of these brands are all around you but I was the first to post about a Julius purchase on stylezeitgeist (using sizing advice from rajio and a friend living in Japan, no retailers outside japan at the time) and everyone was like "woooaaa, this drapey shit is insane!".

I dunno what "these asians" do but I am not sure UC is that hot in Japan right now the way facetasm is. My understanding of what Rajio said is that, RIGHT NOW (doesn't matter if people knew about it/wore it before) UC is popular on styleforum and Baconzilla was one of the people who kickstarted that. He is getting a lot of positive feedback on his fits and prob a few emulators. Keep in mind that sufu has some posted fits and recent buys threads but what makes it important is the thousands of lurkers or relatively discrete posters who buy what they see in here. I wouldn't be able to quantify its impact on the american retail scene but I think that for some high-fashion/niche brands and retailers it is probably much higher than we'd think at first.

tbh i wasn't even all that interested in talking about uc. i guess it just came up because baconzilla wears it alot? i don't know and don't really care. from what was said, i can fathom as to how an individual can influence forums. as far as nonjapanese asians hopping on japanese NOW brands, as you are probably aware this has been happening practically 4ever (again, there's nothing inherently wrong with this. good for japanese economy) so under this impression i didn't really feel that thephenomenon jacket was such a trend setting or influencing buy. it does however fit baconzilla fine imo. maybe he is influencing a trend on the forums, but i just felt that he was given a little too much credit for doing what alot of asians already do fairly typically. if someone does it very well or makes stuff his or her own, then by all means there is merit in that and they ought to be credited.

Edited by Woogie

i was just uncertain of what a superfuture trend was because djrajio had christened bacon a "trendsetter." if he means trendsetter on the board, his claim or prediction could play out to be accurate.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. A trendsetter on SUFU. Of course he's not in the general sense.

maybe he is influencing a trend on the forums, but i just felt that he was given a little too much credit for doing what alot of asians already do fairly typically. if someone does it very well or makes stuff his or her own, then by all means there is merit in that and they ought to be credited.

Exactly.

that's a matter of semantics but if that's where you're going with this, so many people have known/been wearing uc since before bacon came along (even back when i first discovered sufu in '07) that it's mildly ridiculous to say that he set any sort of trend. comparatively, 2010 still seems pretty recent to me.

edit: http://indianajawnz....-shopping-today

had to confirm, and this is only from july of last year, which is less than a year ago.

not that a person's style can't change a lot in the span of a couple of months but for the money i imagine he pays for his current wardrobe, dude definitely does not do a lot of his jawnz justice.

yo I don't know why that says 1 year ago but that was definitely 2010.

2010: http://indianajawnz.tumblr.com/archive/2010/6

2011: http://indianajawnz.tumblr.com/archive/2011/5

and I'm not the one saying I discovered UC first or whatever. Its not my intention to start or influence trends. I wear the shit I like and thats it.

Edited by baconzilla

and I'm not the one saying I discovered UC first or whatever. Its not my intention to start or influence trends. I wear the shit I like and thats it.

No one is saying you discovered UC but you certainly have had a large influence on the direction of this board recently whether its your intention or not. People will naturally emulate those that they admire/find inspiration. It's only natural.

yo I don't know why that says 1 year ago but that was definitely 2010.

2010: http://indianajawnz..../archive/2010/6

2011: http://indianajawnz..../archive/2011/5

my fault dude. keeping rocking whatever you like.

No one is saying you discovered UC but you certainly have had a large influence on the direction of this board recently whether its your intention or not. People will naturally emulate those that they admire/find inspiration. It's only natural.

i don't know if its necessarily bacon influencing the purchases. baizilla and a bunch of other people have been wearing uc much better. i think the misconception stems from the fact that bacon is the most outspoken about his penchant for undercover, but from what i've seen there are lots of other people who wear/style their pieces in much more appealing ways (no hate, you're probably a very nice guy bacon).

just in general i think it's a shame to have nice clothes wasted on people who don't wear them well (nothing personal).

also about fuuma's comment about uc on styleforum: they're pretty much perpetually 2 years behind. looking at their waywt, cmon.

Edited by minelee

Posted · Hidden by Ammutseba, April 27, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Ammutseba, April 27, 2012 - No reason given

Its funny how Americans are debating who was first to rock a Japanese streetwear brand that bottles and modernizes classic American and counter-culture looks. The designer is the dictator. You either follow him or you follow another....or you don't follow at all.

Its funny how Americans are debating who was first to rock a Japanese streetwear brand that bottles classic American and counter-culture looks. The designer is the dictator and the thief. You either follow him or you follow another....or you don't follow at all. I like Undercover because, to me, Jun is a bit of an introvert. You always see a bit of his weird interests in his presentations. But just like every designer that rehashes classic American clothing and counterculture, all he's really doing is modernizing the materials and the fit and playing with proportions....then repackaging it for the ravenous modern consumer....always at least 10 years after the original look has peaked. The Japanese are always late on this stuff, but they always perfect it. Jun is like the Japanese Raf Simons.

Its funny how Americans are debating who was first to rock a Japanese streetwear brand that bottles classic American and counter-culture looks. The designer is the dictator and the thief. You either follow him or you follow another....or you don't follow at all. I like Undercover because, to me, Jun is a bit of an introvert. You always see a bit of his weird interests in his presentations. But just like every designer that rehashes classic American clothing and counterculture, all he's really doing is modernizing the materials and the fit and playing with proportions....then repackaging it for the insatiable modern consumer....always at least 10 years after the original look had peaked. The Japanese are always late on this stuff, but they always perfect it. Jun is like the Japanese Raf Simons.