Baracuta, J Crew Indigo Deck Jacket, Barneys wool shirt-jacket

dkatz

100% wool (exterior), quilted shirt-jacket from Barneys. Small-fitting size medium.

Retailed for $450, asking $150 shipped in USA (inquire for international shipping)

Pretty insanely comfortable and warm, but I just have too many warm things for LA - I've only worn it once for about 2 hours. It's a charcoal gray with lighter gray pinstriping. Snaps along the front and on the chest pockets. Hand-warmer pockets near the side seems and two internal zip pockets. Size medium but I'm a pretty standard small and this fits me. Made in Italy.

One defect: the female end of the second snap down came detached. I imagine this is a fairly easy fix for a tailor.

Measurements are of the exterior of the jacket, so given that it's fairly thick, it fits smaller than these measurements reflect.

pit-to-pit: 20.5"

waist: 20.5"

length from back of collar to bottom: 28"

Top of shoulder seam to end of cuff: 25.5"

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_5672.JPG

IMG_5673.JPG

J. Crew Indigo Deck Jacket. Medium-fitting size small.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Retailed for $160, asking $95 shipped in USA (inquire for international shipping).

Bought this online and it turned out to be a bit too big for me, so I hunted down an extra-small which has become my go-to jacket. I'm a big fan. Indigo-dyed shawl collar deck jacket with lobste clips in a pretty heavy fleece. Good weight and warmth for an every-day piece.

This is a second because one of the button-hole pieces is missing (see picture), so the tag is also crossed out. My jacket is also missing one of these, but I just quickly stitched around the button-hole and have had no problems with it, and it's not noticeable.

Measurements:

pit-to-pit: 21.5

waist: 20

length from back of collar to bottom: 26.5

Top of shoulder seam to end of cuff: 24.75

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

I've been wearing mine frequently for a couple months, and some fading is starting to peek through - this jacket will definitely look pretty fantastic after heavy wear! Sleeve of mine (washed once) is on the left, sleeve of the (unworn) one I'm selling here is on the right:

IMG_5697.JPG

For reference, this is how my extra-small fits (I'm 5'11" and 155lbs)

IMG_5736.JPG

IMG_5735.JPG

Edited by dkatz

Baracuta Harrington G9 Original, Red sz 36

Retailed for $225, asking $150 shipped in USA (inquire for international shipping).

Bought from the original owner but unfortunately the fit just doesn't work for me. Damn shame since I love how classic a red G9 is! It's been worn a bit, but there are no clear signs of wear - it' just slightly less bright than new. This is the "original fit" and since I can't find any tags indicating it was made elswewhere, I'm guessing it's made in England (see the Baracuta tag which does just say "England on it").

Measurements are of the exterior of the jacket.

pit-to-pit: 22"

waist: 15"

length from back of collar to bottom: 25"

Base of collar to end of cuff: 32"

IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5682.JPG

IMG_5684.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

IMG_5685.JPG

IMG_5686.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...