I just said that the fit is fine as it is now (from the pics) and especially the thighs are the area you should concern mostz about. but I also said if Anders says you are fine, then of course you should listen to him.

waist doesn't look big but just right from those pics.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

i know, i was talking about maynard's jab heh heh. you can't see it in that pic but my waist is skinny and there is a lot of room left. i'm just a little bigger than 30 but I tried the 30s and i could not get them over my hips. i was wondering if i should have gone with the 31s but now that i see how the 32s fit, i'm glad i didn't

fit is good. if you want to shrink the waist, i'd recommend a 30min partial hot soak_ @top block. then, dilute w/cold to cool off & submerge the entire jeans for about 45mins or so.

Edited by BrownMetallic

fit is good. if you want to shrink the waist, i'd recommend a 30min partial hot soak_ @top block. then, dilute w/cold to cool off & submerge the entire jeans for about 45mins or so.

nice! this sounds like a cake recipe :-) just for that I'm going to do that right this minute

These look amazing. How much are you selling them for?

Thanks! To find information about the jeans, such as price, please check this link: http://supertalk.sup...l/#entry2721999

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Dear Superfuturians, I have an announcement to make:

My girlfriend of 4 years and myself are now engaged (finally)! A couple of years of secretly saving money, and getting the perfect ring for my (now) fiancé, and she delighted me by saying "yes!" She's been there for and with me, and helped out with Steel Feather from when it was only an idea nagging the back of my mind; she's shot photos and designed my new web-site too.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Edited by Surrealizm

congrats!! best of luck.

all the best Anders!

congrats anders!

Best of luck, Anders and Annette. I hope a pair of mini Steel Feathers was included in your plans.

Thanks to all of the above, and everyone else who's congratulated us. Your attention is appreciated :)

Heads up: Still some sizes left - just get a hold of me on e-mail if you want to get a pair before they're gone. The lowered price will last until the coming Sunday 15th of July.

Big thanks to the people who have ordered; everything's being shipped right away.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

The "sale" period has now come to an end, and all is back to normal. Thanks again to all who showed their support!

The first edition Steel Feather jeans are still available, but the stock is ever dwindling.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Dear Superfuturians,

I think it's about time to reveal something about the future of Steel Feather; a new denim has been in development. I had a recent trip to Okayama to meet some new and interesting people who are crucial for the next stage of Steel Feather; and of course, I didn't forget my camera. Enjoy the preview:

7484727052_536642b848_z.jpg

(Above: the master weaver of the small family-owned mill in Ibara, Okayama)

What's so lovely about Okayama is the expertise and devotion when it comes to the weaving of denim, which is unparallelled anywhere else in the world. The making of denim is about passion and self sacrifice, and I was lucky to be able to meet one person who has lived and breathed denim for decades; the master weaver of a small mill in Ibara, one of Okayama's small cities. At the age of 68 he's been living with his small collection of vintage Toyoda shuttle looms, and has a knack for "reading" the machinery; this way he's been able to maintain them for all these years.

7484726664_1d6e9ee615_z.jpg

(Above: the master weaver talking about past experiences)

As he explained to me, there won't be anyone to continue his work when he retires, and he accredited this to the fact that the working environment is quite challenging; during summers the temperature inside the mill easily reaches over 40 degrees celcius, and the machines give off a lot of heat. Then there's the noise, which I found intolerable after about 5 minutes of geeking out in the mill facility. He doesn't use any form of ear plugs, because he needs to listen to what his machines "tell" him. It is evident he knows the workings and limits of his machinery very well.

The master weaver is responsible for quite a few denims of renown, usually in the slubby and low tension kind.

7484729644_8186b7b778_z.jpg

7484726280_6b2f72da8d_z.jpg

7484725916_86f98e9e2c_z.jpg

7484725466_48be8c64cc_z.jpg

(Above: the Toyoda shuttle loom used to weave the next Steel Feather denim - in action, weaving the actual denim)

7484728366_7b12fe0554_z.jpg

(Above: spools of white cotton thread; these go into the shuttles and create the weft of the denim)

Lastly, the new denim will be used in its loomstate form, and is not subject to any after treatment (such as sanforization or singeing). This means you will get to experience it in all it's glory - completely raw, with natural hairiness.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Edited by Surrealizm

• 4 weeks later...

Hello my fellow Superfuturians,

This may not be new to all of you, but as of now my jeans can be bought at the following online store:

Rivet & Hide (London)

Danny's been putting a lot of effort into this, and he's dedicated to bringing us denim goodness, as well as select leather articles.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Danny of Rivet & Hide, London is doing a little opening promotion where customers get 10 % off on their first purchase. The coupon code is RIVET.

For the quality of the items on offer, and my own Steel Feather jeans, I think the prices are well worth your consideration. Danny told me this first order promo will be available until Christmas.

Check it out: Rivet & Hide (London)

Happy hunting!

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

• 2 weeks later...

Time to give you guys a preview of the new Steel Feather jeans, made with the kibata denim woven by the master weaver a few posts up. This is a sample pair I had made while I was visiting my new manufacturing partners in Kojima a little while back (I will introduce them later, along with many pictures I shot during my stay).

This new fit is wider in the hip and less tapered than the SF0121 first edition jeans.

7995453195_56a5792c00_z.jpg

7995453059_d93fe35a96_z.jpg

7995453507_bf68d02f47_z.jpg

Pictures were taken by my fiancé Annette.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for update Danny. Looking good. Must be putting some serious wear into it :)

If all goes well you'll see me at the Rivet & Hide launch party!

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd just cross-post this. Looks like he's been putting a lot of time into it already.

Jean-Luc's Steel Feather SF0121 after 2 months pretty solid wear with Obbi Good Label veg tan belt. He'll be in them at the launch next week and a loom-state unworn pair will be on the display too.

JLSFa_zps02b7d6c2.jpg