Dmt

samlamore

I don't think that they are schizo thoughts. in fact i get the feeling that with hallucinogens that so much more is possible. the fact that these visions are possible by just stimulating your brain makes me think that there is so much untapped potential of the brain. that there is so much more beyond our comprehension that our brain is capable of. anyone else ever think this?

^ I feel you. I wonder that about myself sometimes as well. Especially lately. I'm thinking about taking a break from weed because of it. I can't seem to really shake this sort of unsettled feeling. I think it may be a somewhat common feeling of people from our generation though, and I try to write it off that way.

Yeah that's what I tell myself too and I think it's pretty true, graduation and all the other dissociative events going on (not to mention learning about psychological disorders in class) definitely don't help either.

I've only smoked once since the new year for pretty much these reasons and it's pretty refreshing to sober up for a bit honestly. And for me taking a break puts it all into perspective in a way that's hard to do while I'm getting intoxicated regularly, with weed or anything else. So if I were you I'd give it a try and see where you're at, the bud will always be there for you to come back to if you feel like it.

• 1 year later...

the mostly 5-meo part...swim has gotten mostly n,n (granted this hasnt been tested chemically, only by experience)

and while it is a relatively straightforward extraction, it does help to have a bit of organic chem background to help optimize...

I've tried 5-meo DMT back in 2000-01 when it was legal and easily purchasable off the internet from chemical companies. I only did it twice and yes, it's a weird, intense not all that pleasurable experience. I never got to explore it fully since I fucked around with some K shortly thereafter and had such a bizarre experience I was turned off of hallucinogens for good.

I plan on saving up for the Dark Room Retreat someday.

http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_room/enlightenment.html

Zero photons hitting the body after three days brings the body's seratonin/melatonin cycle to a halt--and instead the brain produces pinoline. This has MAOI effect (same as Ayahuasca), and after a few more days, the brain spews DMT, and vision literally turns into what Neo had after going blind in the third Matrix, if you've seen it.

bullshit detector going crazy over here, keep your cash

This is the best synthesis guide, complete with pictures:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/extraction_guide1/dmt_extraction_guide1.shtml

and how could anyone forget the Joe Rogan audio clip? He describes a DMT trip into the best terms i've heard and speculates on the meaning of life... Well worth a listen for anyone interested.

grcqs9cDuN8

while I haven't tried any of them, 5-MeO sounds more like a 2c experience than DMT. Be careful though, it's a schedule 1, unlike 2c-e which is unscheduled for instance. The dosing on 5-MeO seems pretty crucial as overdose is a lot more likely, even at very low mg's.

DPT is also unscheduled, and but I've read stories all over the board from "comparable to cocaine" to "just like DMT or 5-MeO and like taking too much 2c-e" so hard to really know, probably depends mainly on how you're planning on taking it. just my .02

Skistar, I did 2ce three times over the course of a week and it was pretty profound stuff. If I were you I'd recommend getting a scale and knowing your dosage, my friends and I didn't and just eyeballed it and that's just never really a good feeling, especially looking back and not knowing how much you took.

I'd be curious to hear more about the stories you referenced when you said "like taking too much 2ce"

i had a profound experience smoking dmt at the peak of a 2c-i trip

TXyFYNiV-9I

this was the song that was playing as I was rolling around on the ground with the biggest smile painted on my face seeing incredibly vivid visual distortions.. even though that track had been getting quite a bit of play in the days prior, I heard the song in a new way -- the aural distortions were perhaps the best part of the experience for me. that song is trippy as fuck

i realized just now that I lack the ability to explain my experience very well. it was truly transcendent

• 1 month later...

Alright, so since my friend recently found someone reliable to get DMT from, I thought I'd revive this thread and ask a question.

I've never really done any psychedelics before except weed once, but the first time it does nothing so it hardly counts. I've been told by a few friends who are more experienced drug users that I shouldn't go with the more "advanced" stuff until I've actually experience being high first. Do any of you guys agree that I should do other psychedelics before trying DMT or would it not really have a negative impact if I don't?

word to this^

some people find weed hard enough to handle.

i'm a (failed) one-time user and heed my words, DO NOT get cocky with the dosage and DO NOT go near your stash after drinking...

i spontaneously came across a dealer a few months back and picked up a couple grams. a day later was the grand opening for the first ever campus bar to be opened at my school in san diego...needless to say i went about a pitcher and a half bottle of wine deep soon after my 3 hour evening class let out...

came home and my roommate had already dipped into my stash a bit. feeling too much in that overly friendly/sentimental stage of a wine drunk, i didnt get mad but instead told him to load me a cannabis/dmt cocktail bong load.

being that the memory is almost entirely fogged out, i dont remember exactly the amount of dmt my pothead down-for-whatever surfer confidant put on top of a good 1/2 gram of weed, but it was definitely far more than warranted at the time.

after ghosting the bowl, i remember my line of vision turning into an intense shade of green and everything moving in a fast-forward sort of motion in front of me. then it all went bad...i couldn't help but lay down on my couch and close my eyes, with all sorts of horrible images and thoughts creeping into my head. i just kept repeating "this is bad, this is bad" while slowly becoming more and more convinced that this was it, i was going to die right then and there. i barely remember having a bit of a self-actualizing moment during the whole episode, but it entailed coming to terms with the fact that i had lead a pretty satisfying life to that point, therefore making it alright that i was within moments of death.

then i blacked out, fell asleep and woke up again around 4 in the morning. willing to try the stuff again but god dammit will i be sober for it.

^^^Good thing DMT doesn't last that long.

ABC I would be sure to try shrooms or acid before getting into DMT. Although DMT normally lasts 20-30 minutes and you'll be freaking out for a while afterwards just because you've never dealt into hard psychedelics like that before. And if you don't know how to handle yourself you'll most likely have a bad trip.

Things to remember when doing hard shit is be around people you trust and know will take care of you if shit goes bad. Also the state of mind you have before you go into the trip is KEY! Get fuckin hyped and think positive thoughts! But dont force it cause then you'll start thinking negative shit and then your fucked.

Thanks Scott, 034936, Akura and weida (for your story of your experience).

I was thinking of doing shrooms at some point anyways, so I guess I will do that first. I'll probably mooch some weed off my friends as well haha. Thanks again for the advice!

just do the DMT and take the necessary precautions.

chances are you will never experience anything like it or come across it again

They're not getting it for another month, so I figure that since I have a lot of time I can try other hallucinogens to lower my chances of a bad trip.

agreed with playdis

I would have rather tried DMT first knowing what I know now because you peak almost immediately on DMT then it's a quick (in retrospect) 15 minute ride back to reality with another 15 afterfuzz.

What fucked with me the first time I tripped (lsd) was the duration; 8 hours+ from start to finish. You start thinking you broke your brain or you're never going to come out of it (even though you inevitably will).

The best way to keep calm is to remember you chose to do it because it's supposed to be fun, it is fun, and you're not as fucked up as you were 5 minutes ago. No point trying to control it, the point is to not be in control; just enjoy the ride.