Naked and Famous Fade Contest Charity Project

vkato

Hey,

I'm brand new here, Brandon from Naked and Famous pointed me this way to gain support and ideas for a new project I'm starting.

I'm going to try and win the recently posted Fading contest (found here: http://www.nakedandf...-core-selvedge/ ) and auction off the Grand Prize and the jeans themselves with all the profits going to a to-be determined charity.

In order to get this going, I need to first raise money buy the jeans, which I plan on wearing nonstop until the contest is over, and get the word out about my cause to gather interest in the eventual auction.

I'm looking for input on which charity I should try and raise money for. I'm looking for something possibly related to clothing for those in need and preferably international and deserving.

I also would like suggestions on how to initially raise the money and the means to accomplish these goals, such as blogging, JustGiving, PledgeBank, or something else.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by vkato

I think brandon was messing with you.

Also if you had a charity in mind people might be more inclined to belive you werent just doing this for free jeans.

Edited by bbcapone

what happens if you don't win?
BanksyBeforeES_468x368.jpg

If I don't win I'll auction off the jeans I wore and the shirt, if I get runner up, or the free gift.

The main idea of this is more to raise awareness and donations for the charity over the course of the contest. I plan on maintaining a blog or other type of page throughout the process with a link to donate to the charity.

This isn't intended for me to personally gain anything from this project as I'll be auctioning off everything and all the proceeds will go to charity. If I can't find a way to fund the purchase of the jeans beforehand, which I know is a hard sell, I intend on spending my own money on them. The possibility of raising money to pay for the jeans is just another way to build interest/raise awareness.

not very noble of you to want to help raise money for charity, but aren't willing to buy the jeans yourself straight off the bat.

seeing as this contest already started how do you plan on a ) winning or b ) placing?

"the possibility of raising money to pay for the jeans is just another way to build interest/raise awareness."

you haven't thought this sentence through have you?

Edited by okisan

Why dont you just take the money you would have spent on the jeans and just donate it to a charity? Simple, fast and fuss-free.

a worn raw denim wont get much value since we value jeans that have never been used and havent been distressed more.

if u really intend to do some charity work, go volunteer at ur local community.