KURO DENIM

Guest Electrorock

Guest Electrorock

Hi there, Im new to jeans and blind bought online a pair of Kuro.

I never paid attention to jeans even though I own 3 pairs of PRPS, 2 John Galliano, dsquared, etc

I just read Kuro denim is a new brand and that's about it.

Anyone know if they're good jeans...?

Thank you

First of all, there is absolutely no need for you to be such a dick. You probably didn't receive a response because no one has heard of the brand, not because we're all ignorant or mean. You said yourself that they're a new brand. It takes time for information about up and coming denim brands to get around and even longer for quality of their jeans to be ascertained. Second, why are you so concerned about superdenim's opinion if you've already purchased the jeans? Maybe if you had provided links or pictures of the jeans someone may have shared an opinion but not many people here are going to conduct google searches for you. Finally, why were you name dropping brands under the cover of false modesty? Were people supposed to be impressed?

despite the other brands you have, I would say prps raws are pretty great.

now as a thread starter you should upload pictures of this new denim, perhaps some comparison against one of your more legit pairs, and provide a link or 2 to where we can find them.

having a thread with no information is pretty pointless and should be closed.

Personally I dislike what I've seen from Kuro. I don't waste my time with predistressed garbage.

First of all, there is absolutely no need for you to be such a dick. You probably didn't receive a response because no one has heard of the brand, not because we're all ignorant or mean. You said yourself that they're a new brand. It takes time for information about up and coming denim brands to get around and even longer for quality of their jeans to be ascertained. Second, why are you so concerned about superdenim's opinion if you've already purchased the jeans? Maybe if you had provided links or pictures of the jeans someone may have shared an opinion but not many people here are going to conduct google searches for you. Finally, why were you name dropping brands under the cover of false modesty? Were people supposed to be impressed?

Agreed.

Edited by DaintyHater

Guest Electrorock

Impressed? By What exactly?? I JUST gave some info.

I said im new to this and u guys are experts. Its weird I know the brand and u

Dont. Just saying.

it's not weird that you know the brand and others here don't. there are many many many many many many denim labels out there. why should super future users know every single one?

if you want to start a thread then do something to get the ball rolling rather than provoking other users because they either don't know or don't give a shit about kuro.

Guest Electrorock

By popular demand/ name dropping ( 4 those shouting insecurity) - new girlfriend from Japan in2 jap denim.

Before her I Never heard of 99.9% of brands u guys talk about in here. Thats Why the name dropping ( designer jeans) showing off my ignorance.

Now, do I have to post pics of her?

Why do u guys care so much? Why do u take it so seriously?

I was curious about KURO denim and Thats about it.

Simple as that.

Guest Electrorock

it's not weird that you know the brand and others here don't. there are many many many many many many denim labels out there. why should super future users know every single one?

if you want to start a thread then do something to get the ball rolling rather than provoking other users because they either don't know or don't give a shit about kuro.

True true true...but PROVOKING kinda works, right?

U guys are too sensitive.

Pretty sure some people did research about KURO....

lol @interwebz....

checked it out, not my digs, seems like a japanese g star raw whereas sufu tends towards repro or repro inspired denim...kuro also seems to focus more on predistressed which goes against most sufu denimheads ethos...to each his own, i think it'd be cool to see some personally worn in pairs from raw fits...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Electrorock

lol @interwebz....

checked it out, not my digs, seems like a japanese g star raw whereas sufu tends towards repro or repro inspired denim...kuro also seems to focus more on predistressed which goes against most sufu denimheads ethos...to each his own, i think it'd be cool to see some personally worn in pairs from raw fits...

Got them! Nothing to do with G-Star. They fit like Dior 17

Copied and pasted:

‘kuro’ is a denim brand that was launched during the 2010 spring and summer season. the brand’s name means ‘black’ in japanese.

the word ‘black’ can convey a dark, lonely image, or express a mysterious and grand kind of strength. for japanese people, ‘black’ also represents the color of beautiful hair. all these inspirations that can be derived from ‘black’ have been poured into kuro’s denim.

kuro designer, yusuke yatsuhashi, hails from tokyo where he learned the art of denim while working for a small independent japanese brand:

with japanese craftsmanship—renowned as being the best in the world in the denim-production industry, in areas such as spinning, sewing, dyeing and manufacturing—poured into every detail, and with playful stitch-work giving rise to flowing lines, as well as its strong emphasis on being ‘made in japan,’ this range of items announced its stylish and innovative designs and unparalleled cost-performance when premiering for its first season.

it has made a spectacular debut, receiving high praise from showrooms and buyers in countries all over the world, beginning with its exhibition at italy’s pitti uomo, where buyers from around the world gathered.

‘graphite’ is the base model in kuro’s denim developments, and can be said to represent the standard for all products. of the three models developed in the first stage, its line is the slimmest, with both a hip and a depth above clothes that is set at the ideal level to emphasize the length of the wearer’s legs. the materials used in kuro’s denim maintain the highest levels of quality. in particular, the fabrics produced by nihon menpu textile co., ltd and yoshikawa orimono co., ltd., used in this model’s selvedge (double-edged), can be described as high-quality materials, even when viewed by world standards.

fixer

through its use of kibata’s fabrics, ‘fixer’ recreates the genuine charm that denim naturally has. as they are worn, these jeans take on a so-called ‘vintage’ look of the 1950s. the ‘fixer,’ which uses a one-sided selvedge, blends well with any kind of style, and is a versatile model made to a slightly thin line.

anarchism

recreating the genuine charm that denim naturally has, through its use of kibata’s fabrics, ‘anarchism’ is notable for its regular depth above clothes and, featuring the most standard line of the three models that kuro has developed in its first season, it is a model made with a one-sided selvedge that is suitable for highly active wear. the pockets were stitched with a combination of both fine count (fine thread) and low count (wide thread) threads, known as a no. zero thread (the widest of threads among those used for denim), and were made with great attention given to design as well.

fabrics used in kuro’s denim

kibata: woven fabric that is unprocessed. this was often used in denim of the past (until around the 1950s), and is notable for its unique fluffy feel and texture.

◠the draper’s used by kuro is chrome hearts, who have an established reputation among other companies in the denim industry, and are also used by the likes of rrl (polo ralph lauren).

sewing of kuro’s denim

◠sewing is performed by oikawa denim, who possesses world-standard technology (and performs sewing for other leading denim brands such as levi’s red).

â— we use a two-fold yarn made from single white and golden-brown yarns which gives our products great strength. because we use cotton yarn, the color fades from the fabric after factory distressing and during use, which produces the feel and look of used clothing.

â— the hand-made style stitches on the front, back and coin pockets are the most notable features, and plain seam stitching is also done in the same color. as this technology is only available in a limited number of factories, the manufacturing process is twice as long as standard.

â— thin yarns were used for parts where hand-stitching was performed, and because needlework was also very fine, puckering (fabric twists caused due to seam shrinkage by sewing, and pulling) may well appear when washed.

â— belt loops were also sewn in a unique way, with stitching intervals that created bumps to give off a vintage look. as key points such as yarn thickness and stitch width are modified, the stitching has a solid, three-dimensional look.

Edited by Electrorock