good hip hop

should be everyone in here.

i have over a gig of his work

one of my favorites is t-love - when you're older

How much of that did you buy?

i never said jeezy was shit, he always picks great beats and knows his limitations

that being said, i dont know how so many people on here are hating on lupe, yet fail to call out other artists who deserve to get bitchslapped alot harder..

co-sign on the request for the j.dilla starter kit

so, superdudes, where do i start?

start by reading this: http://stonesthrow.com/jdilla/detroitfreepress.html

and listening to this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rta5pk

thats not by any means a best of compilation but has a bunch of good tracks I put on a cd sometime back. note that the file doesn't include many tracks from other artists albums so its missing a lot of essential stuff. and it also doesn't have tracks from Fantastic vol. 1 or vol. 2 cause both are fucking amazing and I couldn't and wouldn't pick tracks from them. both are produced by Dilla.

additional stuff worth checking out:

Slum Village - Fantastic vol. 1 (produced entirely by J, also one of the most essential hiphop albums/tapes)

Slum Village - Fantastic vol. 2 (also produced by Dilla)

J Dilla - Donuts (intsrumentals)

Jaydee - Welcome 2 Detroit

Jaylib - Champion Sound

A Tribe Called Quest - Beats rhymes & life (a few tracks)

Common - Like water for chocolate (10 or so tracks from Dilla)

+ many other individual tracks I might list later on

k os is amazing. i really like his latest album. he finally got over his hit or miss song structure with atlantis. hes very superfuturistic too. wears W&H in his vids. nice dude to talk to as well.

cadence weapon is another good canadian newcomer. very different style than anything ive heard before.

as for dilla, i just got the old q tip solo on wax, i had the tape before, but i wanted it on vinyl. so all on dillas tip right now.

I hated Atlantis. His first two are my favorite. MC Murder is glorious.

im so polar opposite. i loved alot of tracks on joyful, but i hate emcee murdah so much that i dont listen to the album cause it opens with that ear splitting bullshit. i do know alot of people who love it, i just think its too ambitious.

this is a random thought more than anything, but shit, if I had to give away every piece of vinyl I have except for one, this is the motherfucker I would keep.

5461.jpg

one of the best beats ever. shit gives me chills everytime.

this is a great record.

^^Thanks for the link 78. I'll definitely check that out.

On the instrumental tip, do any of you guys follow any european or australian beat makers? Specifically I'm talking about dudes like MPhazes, Croup, MoO, Muneshine, etc. Or how about mcenroe from Canada? They're all making some crazy music right now. I'll try to post some links later, and if any of y'all got any links, then please share!

Or how about mcenroe from Canada?

peanuts n' corn are a must. each time I see their shit I grab it. scarce if you ain't got a good store in your area. bumped the hell out of his first EP and the Park Like Setting album when travelling in Argentina. Dopeness

oh god. peanuts and corn have some pretty torturous emcees in their roster. i do like me some mcenroe every now and again. and pippy CAN be alright. but for the most part, that label puts out some questionable rap. i did really like josh martinez for a bit but then he released the same album 3 times all on different labels. i think P&C was one of them.

some new stuff:

7377792.jpg

Consequence - Dont quit your day job

only listened quickly through but sounded allright, pretty laid back sound. will give a better listen later on..

rjd2thirdhand.jpg

RJD2 - Third Hand

this is really different from other RJ, I wouldn't have recognized it. appparently some fans are really upset for RJ's change in style, I personally like the sound on this album but then again I'm not a real hardcore fan. I think the album has a more indie/rock/pop influenced sound to it, kind of hard to describe.

BBG0305CD.jpg

Snowgoons - German Lugers

I don't know who these guys are but the artists on this album are pretty impressive: Sean Price, Chief Kamachi, Jus Allah, Living Legends, MED, El Da Sensei, OC, wordsworth... all I can say that beats are fucking gully :eek:

a few other new or upcoming releases:

STH2153CD.jpg

J Dilla - Ruff Draft (2CD re-release)

SC701CD.jpg

Mobb Deep - Infamous Archives

FB5121CD.jpg

Black Milk - Popular Demand

ochiddengems.jpg

OC - Hidden Gems

p_asteriskfour.jpg

QN5 - asterisk:four

PNLP01CD.jpg