good hip hop

I was always under the impression that one listened to Rap and that Hip Hop was the culture encompassing the four elements. that included said Rap?

Still there you go eh? 

Here's an old fave of mine.

Saw him live in '86 in Boscombe near bournemouth England, not exactly ghetto but a damned fine evening none the less.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Oh and from the same year I believe, the track that really inspired me to start scratching ! 

Just Call Us Def' - Steady-B

Silly idiot is now serving life for being involved in the murder of a police officer, still I love this track and his performance at UK Fresh '86 was a mindblower.

If you have never heard of that event then you probably aren't into hip hop !

There will N-E-V-E-R be another gig like that, - it was like Woodstock for Hip Hop, still resonates in my life to this day.

That Rome Fortune is dope! Never heard of him before, goin check him out,

My shit as of late has been Spark Master Tape. I heard there should be an album dropping soon, first two mixtapes "The SWOUP Serengeti" and "Syrup Splash" are sick and free on the soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/sparkmastertape/spark-master-tape-pin-ata

Edited by Remington

Cocaine pinata = 2014 album of the year

"I'ma tell you the truth, man. I had a dream, dog, that I had a little baby. The little baby's birthday was here and shit. You know I like Latina girls and shit, man. I want to say all of my girls speak Spanish and shit. Anyways, so the baby would probably be a Mexi-nigga or some shit. So it was like a little nigga-Mexican baby and shit. That nigga wanted a piñata, man, in the dream, man. I don’t know. I must've been cooking some dope or some shit that week, because the nigga started hitting the piñata, and it wasn't shit but dope falling out the piñata. I was just like, 'Damn, man.' They was just kids playing in the dope. They was just playin' in the dope. It was little four-year-old kids hitting dope in piñatas. I don't know. It was a crazy ass dream. So, I just called that shit Cocaine Piñata."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.2075/title.freddie-gibbs-says-a-dream-inspired-his-cocaine-pinata-project-with-madlib

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...