good hip hop

• 4 weeks later...
oh yeah and heres a pic of RJD2 dressed up during a concert i went

n8832554_31203341_493.jpg

yea rjd2...a friend of mine said he's coming here pretty soon, i might have to check it out if i can get off work that night..i went to see him here in that def jux tour many years ago with el-p, and cage and shit...

still need to get that ghostface-more fish...heard nothing but praise.

ive been listening to lots of mac dre recently...

Talib Kweli & Madlib - Liberation

kweli.jpg

download

Happy New Year! Liberation is here! Shout out to my brother Mad Lib, for being so creative and inspirational, and for giving me a canvas to paint on. This project was inspired by his consistency, it was something I wanted to be a part of. In this era of over produced and over marketed product, Mad Lib leads the pack of independent artists who could care less about all of that. I am a part of the music industry, and lord knows I'm needed, but for our own sanity we must step outside the system and create that which is not packaged for mass consumption. This is also a gift to the fans who stick by me whether some corporation is currently promoting me or not. Now, I love all music, and my albums so far, including eardrum, reflect those influences. This album is a straight ahead, sample driven hiphop record, from two of the best doing it. Some fans will say this is the sound they want to hear from me all the time. If so, congratulations, you got your wish. However, do not use this to speculate what eardrum will sound like. It is a different project with different influences. As a matter of fact, be on the lookout for the video for More or Less, dropping this week as well. I will continue to push the envelope creatively in the spirit of my ancestors. RIP James Brown, Gerald Levert, J Dilla. Shout out to C Smyth, Eothen, Dave Dar, SMT studios, Tyson, Consequence, Elzhi, Res, Candice Anderson, Strong Arm Steady, Chace Infinite. Blacksmith the Movement in stores now. The year of the Blacksmith has begun. Talib Kweli, BKMC

this was interesting, I'm a bit dissapointed by some of the tracks, but its allright. and a free album/project anyways so..

looking forward to Talibs album

"onion head" was a pretty dope track but i haven't heard anything else from sean p.

I bumped the shit out of Sean P's first album, Monkey Barz. Definitely check it out if you haven't heard it yet. I Saw him live twice last year too. Once with Ghostface and once with Immortal Technique. But anyway here are some other good tracks by him:

Boom Bye Yeah

60 Bar Dash (Should've made Monkey Barz)

Rising to the Top (Feat. Agallah)

Jail Shit

Spliff-N-Wessun

Slapboxing

Cardiac (Off new album)