btw yelawolf was in carson daly

i was cooking to daddy's lambo

:cool:

so who here fux with casey veggies? here's a preview to his latest track with

JUICY J(:eek:)

and

LEX LUGER(:eek:)

27o8UgpBsdI

cv's from LA and is one of OF's extended fam (highschool homies with tyler or something)

gonna be at paid dues on the same stage as lil b too :cool:

destructo: if i had to choose a point of his career where he was at his best i would choose the slum village album which was in and around when he worked with pharyde and followed by him and ?uestlove doing two common albums. he also dabbled in dangelos second album right around then. he, and a few other people at this point basically crafted an entire sub genre or rap and rnb that was pretty much unlike anything else at the time and it wasnt for backpackers like his later output. the albums he was working on were comercially viable music that actually pushed pop music in a very amazing directions for a little while. everythign he put out after that is still pretty interesting hip hop musics. but during that point he was actually on the cusp of creating something unique that had an impact beyond underground hip hop heads.

word, thanks for the clarification. i agree with you, and i guess i am just a backpacker in self denial because I'll always prefer the beat-tape dilla to anything he made that was more commercially viable.

this isn't strictly hip hop, but speaking of niche neo-soul/rnb-hop that owes dilla forever, Foreign Exchange is pretty awesome.

dbal2DuKpZc

ya'll should go pick up the latest dilla release "Mochilla Presents: Suite for Ma Dukes" it's mostly worth it for the DVD which has the whole orchestral performance, here's a clip:

h0FAeUG_eIk

new wiz mixtape anyone?

didnt care about the rapps

the beats were fuckin HARD

Lex Luger is that dude

I don't get the Lex Luger appeal anymore.. when I first heard some of his beats I was into it, they just go fucking hard, but I've listened to a couple of mixtapes recently that were 100% Lex Luger beats and the guy has no ability whatsoever to produce a different kind of beat.. shit all sounds the same.

i have no idea what youre talking about so here's a pic of flocka's hairline

tumblr_lfpk7uOObQ1qa4rpfo1_500.jpg

and the guy has no ability whatsoever to produce a different kind of beat.. shit all sounds the same.

all this time i was thinking lex switched the beat up on "H.A.M", but it was actually Kanye's doing. i guess he is trapped in the same sound.

not true. "typical lex luger beat" isnt present on this

5JOHVnHoF9M

tyga's the usual cliche LA rapper but he switches his flow up on this one as well. win-win

I don't get the Lex Luger appeal anymore.. when I first heard some of his beats I was into it, they just go fucking hard, but I've listened to a couple of mixtapes recently that were 100% Lex Luger beats and the guy has no ability whatsoever to produce a different kind of beat.. shit all sounds the same.

stop it

-54JqK-ZeyM

gotta put on for the lex luger + OJ one-two punch because that shit never fails to make me laugh.

lex luger's only appeal is that it legitimately sounds like it was made in the ghetto on fruity loops.

aright, not sure how many of you caught the Paper Route Gangstaz tape that came out a couple years back, but this shit is dope. BAMA

vY39HKaYNGU

fF7pK1oQBIw

lex luger's only appeal is that it legitimately sounds like it was made in the ghetto on fruity loops.

"Yes, 9th does really make these beats on Fruity Loops." Proof that good shit can come from Fruity Loops. Although, I hear 9th has moved on to the MPC-2500.

but if you're going to spend all that time learning a DAW, why not use a much better one that is an industry standard?

This is totally true, but for some people buying protools or something on par with it isn't practical, so they torrent Fruity Loops and sample packs, etc.

Also, some people just like to fuck around with the software. I was in school for music production/technology for ~2 years and even though my roommate had protools for us to use, we still got all kinds of other software just to screw around and see what we could do.

I really can't stand 9th wonder, I don't understand why anybody likes him or respects him.

And I'm sure Fruity Loops has plenty of functionality the more you dig for it, but if you're going to spend all that time learning a DAW, why not use a much better one that is an industry standard?

Sorry, I must be late (or non-existent) in the game. Whats wrong with 9th Wonder?

I really can't stand 9th wonder, I don't understand why anybody likes him or respects him.

I was going to say he is one of the few producers whose beats I consistently like, along with Premier and Dilla (although he is obviously not in the same league).

Different strokes for different blokes I guess ;P