good hip hop

before you heard about him

ha, not sure that really matters at all, right?

if there was a point in his career where he really fell off (which there isn't), wouldn't it be easily recognizable by anyone, even if they "weren't around when he was at his prime"?

I'm just curious at what point Dilla's career headed downhill according to NESK, because I honestly can't tell -- no posthumous necro dickriding.

destructo: if i had to choose a point of his career where he was at his best i would choose the slum village album which was in and around when he worked with pharyde and followed by him and ?uestlove doing two common albums. he also dabbled in dangelos second album right around then. he, and a few other people at this point basically crafted an entire sub genre or rap and rnb that was pretty much unlike anything else at the time and it wasnt for backpackers like his later output. the albums he was working on were comercially viable music that actually pushed pop music in a very amazing directions for a little while. everythign he put out after that is still pretty interesting hip hop musics. but during that point he was actually on the cusp of creating something unique that had an impact beyond underground hip hop heads.

anyone else totally geeked on this money makin jam boys shit? i just caught the first episode of the 10 deep/high snobiety whatever whatever... i think black thoughts in contention for greatest rapper out right now. and that truck north cat really took me by suprise on his how i got over verses. i knew thought was puttin a crew together, but now im buggin. hopefully dice raw doesnt snooze that shit up.

and their name is a fear of a black hat allusion. thats ultimate rap boner shit, right there.

random shit? nah pretty much the same shit. girls, cars, drugs and hip hop. I get people not feeling him, but he's prob my favorite rapper from last year to be honest. though maybe it's roc marciano now. action takes 2011 it looks like.

yo try to find the busdriver episode of blind date. that shit is amazing. his musical half-assedness might have put the nail in the coffin on project blowed for me. i mean, his good tracks are really good, but not worth wading through the miles of garbage to get to.

I'm sure out of 446 pages the Wu has been mentioned numerous times...

my fav songs:

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit

Can It Be All So Simple

Da Mystery Of Chessboxin'

Protect Ya Neck

Protect Ya Neck The Jumpoff

Triumph

Gravel pit

I Can't Go to Sleep

Cherchez LaGhost (Ghostface Killah)

Bring the Pain (Method Man)

Method Man Remix (Method Man)

All I Need Remix (Method Man)

Judgement Day (Method Man)

C.R.E.A.M.

Diesel

Shimmy Shimmy Ya (ODB)

Uzi (Pinky Ring)

Liquid Swords (GZA)

Got Your Money (ODB)

Bring Da Ruckus

Shame on a N***a

Reunited

Shaolin Worldwide

HOW THE F*CK IS THE WORLD GONNA END IN 2012 WHEN WU TANG IS FOREVER!?!?!?!!!