good hip hop

Yo cage sounds like he ate too much benadryl or something, plus tyler's beats are just way more rawwwwww

anyways, NESK I feel you, and feel that way of most artists. Every person has the potential to impress me or let me down -- the ones that keep coming with that fire are the ones that I really pay attention to, and quite frankly, the OFWGKTA movement has supplied a considerable amount of good work (albiet transient hipster internet drivel), that actually stands out in the sea of fucked up tryna money gettin' derivative bullshit..

free flocka

You really sound so dumb in the last part of your post. You say some vague shit about hip hop is something you live and rap is the music blahfuckingblah, in order to hate on Wiz Khalifa & Rick Ross getting posted here? Both artists have made horrible shit, but so do most anyway.. If you are really gonna claim the "HIP HOP LYFESTYLE", shouldn't you be appreciative of any good song that is a product of it, regardless of who made it?

ya, i do appreciate any good song regardless of who made it. dont get me wrong, i didnt make that "vague shit" comment in order to hate on them. i was just saying that i don't enjoy their music. different strokes for different folks i guess

Madlib Medicine Show #11 dropped finally after being delayed... It's really good, probably my favorite of the Medicine Show series so far -- all original Madlib beats with vocal features from Oh No, Guilty Simpson and others.. If you dug #4 "Loop Digga", this one is even better.

I'd link videos to some of the songs I really dug, but nothing's been put up yet.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoy36iTmXS4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoy36iTmXS4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I might receive some shit for this, but I honestly think some of J. Cole's shit reminds me of Nas when he was young.
Anyone got a link for Earl? I can't find anything and got a new phone. That needs to be on it. ); Fucking link on ofwgkta site doesn't work. Inbox me.
Anyone got a PDF of Lil B's Takin Over book?

child_suicide_bomber.jpg

kill yourself.

Actually no. I don't think entertainment had anything to do with books, historically, until fairly recently.

Do lil b fans know who kool Keith is? It's been bothering me for a bit that lil b just straight jacked keiths wackier styles and got way more mileage out of it.

Been pumpin' Action Bronson's shit lately, not sure if he's been brought up in this thread yet. IMO his Bon Appetit mixtape is on point, except for the guests who aren't on his level on the mic.

Nesk and Ktothe ... you heard his shit?

Some joints to check:

http://www.youtube.com/video/E7qpUuI5tD0

Yeah he's been on my radar since DUM posted that track. I havent listened to any of his releases though so I'll get back to you on that.

He's dope though, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best mc's are from Queens. That rhyme style is perfect.

proposition to change this thread to just "Good Hip Hop"?

i'm sure we all have our opinions about the current state of the genre, but what I'm more curious about is what jams you guys are listening to regularly. this thread stagnates too much, likely because people are afraid of getting called on a late pass. I feel like with the members we have in here we should fill this thread with pure GEMS, new and old!