good hip hop

my friend just played me people under the stairs and it was out of control.

If you dug the new PUTS you absolutely have to check out The Next Step and Question in The Form of an Answer. The song Sanfracisco Nights is a unknown classic.

• 2 weeks later...

paz is a hard guy to miss =)

gonna catch them again in Toronto on the 24th... only time you'll ever see mosh pits at a hip hop concert haha.

notesee: if you liked Legacy of Blood you'll probably like the new album... has the same feel

Some observations,

Haven't bothered with any of the new outkast other than whats up on the web. i thought most a that shit was garbage. "inspired" or not, that fool Dre needs to stop trying to push the boundries, get off princes dick, and bring back the vulnerability, honesty, and vicious flow that had him spittin circles around the competition. Big boi only gets better lyrically, but you can see he is about ready to jump ship..Shit I would too if any and all of outkasts remaining street cred was on my shoulders, and my ace was straight ego trippin.

Papoose got signed...I heard that just now...i been in Alaska for awhile and the internet has not been my first priority...but i'm glad to hear that, good for him. That said, I think He'll have trouble topping anything off election day and that era...or the first verse I ever heard from him in what must have been late 99 with trigga the gambla and smoothe da hustla (who while we're at it are two underated east coast cats to check for.)

Those not up on Half-a-mil (Rest in Peace) need to get up on him. he rolled with AZ in the firm days and some might now him for "Some Niggas" which was on the belly soundtrack. If you like A, Nature, Cormega, nas, and the like you'll get into him.

As you can see, most of my money spent on hiphop these days is at amadou's on 14th or digging for those old classics that i somehow missed. That and trying to get my hands on any UK Grime shit I can. The hype dyed down once Vice and the fader moved on to hyphy and Rick ross, but some of those kids spit so hard i just cant get enough...Check for Ruff Sqwad, Ghetto, and all of the Rolldeep crew...

Have a good one all...

i heard that dj premier produced about 8 tracks on the new christina aguilera album. does that give her street cred? i'm confused, someone please tell me whether or not i should hate on this album.

no matter how much u hate aguilera as a celebrity and for her previous albums, we have to admit she is probably one of the top three voices of our era.

regarding the album, well, i have listened to it, and i haven't bother to search the internet to know what tracks were produced by premier, but i can tell you that the album has some amazing tracks in it. and i really mean AMAZING.

i would consider myself as what we call a backpacker hip hop listener regarding musical taste, and i was blown away by christinas last album. it has an amazing jazz feeling to it à la premier.

check out "christina aguilera - back in the day". the album goes around that sound. from what i remember, it had some boring ballads, but the best musics on the album are straight fire

sorry, i think i made a mistake on my judgement lol.

if "the ownerz" is the album we are talking about then i liked it too, i only realized now that the last album guru came up with was without premier, and had mc solaar producing instead. it was called guru version 7.0 or something like that. that album sucked hard

I found ownerz a bit boring somehow, dont know why..

hmm btw, I have to admit that I spoke too soon about Game Theory, now that it has been playing in my car I've grown to like it. a really well working and complete album.

the intro on the J Dilla produced track gives me mad chills :(

sorry, i think i made a mistake on my judgement lol.

if "the ownerz" is the album we are talking about then i liked it too, i only realized now that the last album guru came up with was without premier, and had mc solaar producing instead. it was called guru version 7.0 or something like that. that album sucked hard

yeah... guru without premo is like.... any other mediocre mc without premo. dude can make anyone a legend with the right beat.

shit I just witnessed the best gig in my life. went to see Jay at wembley in London, ended up seeing Lupe Fiasco warm up, Bleek alongside jay, and in the middle of the gig Made You Look sudenly started playing, it took a few secs before the crowd went absolutely nuts, guess who showed up?? in addition to Nas Beyonce was also there and the main part lasted around 2 hours, f'in nuts.

shit I just witnessed the best gig in my life. went to see Jay at wembley in London, ended up seeing Lupe Fiasco warm up, Bleek alongside jay, and in the middle of the gig Made You Look sudenly started playing, it took a few secs before the crowd went absolutely nuts, guess who showed up?? in addition to Nas Beyonce was also there and the main part lasted around 2 hours, f'in nuts.

whoa... Nas... sounds like the "I declare war" concert all over again! Must have been fucking sick.

Going to see Kweli tommorow night.

yea it was like a mix of the Madison gig (jay did all the tributes to pac, biggie, aaliyah etc) and I declare war.

when everybody in the crowd had their hands and lighters in the air and jay did the aaliyah tribute song I was almost sobbing like a little girl, the atmosphere was crazy.

doesnt it bug you when you put off getting an album and when you finally get it its so much better than you thought it would be. I just got J-Live's "The Hear After" and it was great, and I avoided getting it cause of how ordinary "Always Will Be" was. But then again his first 2 albums were mind blowingly good, albeit a little long, so I dont know what I was fearing.

was wondering was ppl thought of the new dj Shadow album. i've been the greatest shadow fan, but was a bit disapointed with the private press and i can't seem the make up my mind on the new one. i feel it would have been great as some kind of mixtape or something like that, but i feel it kind of lack direction compare to previous record. i'm suppose to go see the guy in 2 weeks and i found out today i might have to be in Toronto, which really sucks.

on the other hand, i've been pleasantly surprised with the new Swollen Members album. i really didn't liked the direction they were headed on monster in the closet and heavy, but they have really gone back to their balance/bad dream roots (balance is one of my all time favorite, i really like these guys).

I'm split on The Outsider as well... as always, the production is top notch. Just don't know how I feel about wacky yay area shit. It just shows his versatility, which is badass. Did anyone ever check out Shadow's Funky Skunk? Also, anyone listen to Outerlimitz? Haven't been able to shake them for almost a year...

not new but ive finally gotten around to listening to all of my def jux circa 2001-04 or so that i never really listened to thorougly before, for christs sake the cold vein is a fantastic album, and especially the last three or four off or i, phantom by mr lif.. never knew that edan did production on that album, by the way, if you guys havent heard it yet, beauty and the beat by edan was contender for record of the year 2 years back easy