good hip hop

nah fuck that. black keys whole catalouge is so sample ridden. and bluegrass has been used to great effect by rappers in the past. its so far from rap-rock. the beats on the album are 90% incredible. its the way dame producd it like a mixtape that ruined it. i dont care to hear any odb verses that werent good enough for his album. if he had have reached out to better artists, it would have been awesome.

nPZ0C_gp4us

So I have no idea who these cats are...or what their angle is...but I kinda don't hate it. True it is just like what all of these retro 80's kids are doing...just with a '92-'94 twist...from the video to the beat...but the first cat and last cat were actually decent...and the beat is decent. I don't hate that shit. I dunno though.

I wanna give Vodka a beat to wreck shit on...that would be some hardbody shit ...certified.

Hmm....A Korean rap group named after a notorious drug empire.....Interesting.

Anyway, I've been listening to 30 sec (I know, not an entirely good indicator) clips of the clipse new album. For some reason, I'm thinking it'll be a massive disappointment. The sad part is, it's clear that Clipse is striving for record sales this time around. Here:

http://www.amazon.com/Til-Casket-Drops-Clipse/dp/B002MIK0NK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257983398&sr=8-1

them korean cats are gonna be MEGGGGGGGA. theres millions of suburban asians waiting to have someone they can relate to in the corniest way. they are pretty much lupe with riced out hondas.

i dont like the track, but im all for everythign else they stand for.

The neptunes beats were somewhat disappointing and it's probably because the Clipse wanted this album to have more club-like joints. I liked what they did with the lazy trumpets on back by popular demand though. Sean C and LV hooked them up. Speak of freedom and never will it stop feat ab liva was nice.

The neptunes beats were somewhat disappointing and it's probably because the Clipse wanted this album to have more club-like joints. I liked what they did with the lazy trumpets on back by popular demand though. Sean C and LV hooked them up. Speak of freedom and never will it stop feat ab liva was nice.

I actually like a good number of the Neptune beats, though they possess their signature sound. Maybe the album will grow me.

Ok maybe sucks is a bit much. But this album is not what I was expecting. In a bad way.

They didn't bring it. They brought to much general southern hustler, ala gucci mane/plies etc. The should have just brought that Traditional CLIPSE witty word play infused coke raps. And they should have had ALL NEP beats. Instead pharrell gave them some shit. All these nep beats wanted to be on some southern jeezy style shit and the neps aint really hitting that shit at all.

I don't know if yall ever heard previous clipse albums, but this shit sucks. And this is coming from an ex-neptune/clipse fanatic.

This album makes HHNF sound like the best album of the decade. . Well, maybe that's a tad extreme. It's entirely terrible, it's just a massive step down from their previous work.

They brought to much general southern hustler, ala gucci mane/plies etc.
Like I've been saying, it's clear they're reaching for album sales. This album was supposed to be a beast......