Touch The Sky mixtape

misc collection "best of"

New Roots stuff

The Roots feat. Peedi Peedi - Long Time Coming - beat is fucking nuts :o

The Roots - Take it there

some tracks on myspace

Stimuli

Stimuli - Not Goin Nowhere (3mb)

Stimuli - Stop What you doin (Real Audio)

website with a few tracks

Kenn Starr

Kenn Starr - re-introduction (copy&paste):

hxxp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=87C818245816D94B

Block McCloud

block_spittinimage.jpg

copy&paste: hxxp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3D25620644EFE65E

random tracks:

Pharoahe Monch - Lets Go

Talib Kweli - What I feel

Belief ft. Vordul Mega, C Rayz Walz, Murs & Wordsworth - Say Yes

Saigon - Just a matter of time

Joe Budden - Things Done Changed

carry on

mixtapesusa_1905_19600546

Tapemasters Inc & Styles P - The Inc Files pt. 9 mixtape

quite a few dope songs

Ludacris - City of God

50 Cent w Mobb Deep nightmares (prod. dr dre didnt make the album)

Joe Buddens - Crazy

Nas - Where Yall At

Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push 2

AZ - The Format

Saigon - Dont Do That (just blaze!)

torrent for it

Good music (or most anything for that matter) can be found in any genre if one digs deep enough.

yeah i've heard that one before at least a million times but in the case of hip hop its not true because you're listening to 99.9% of cut up soul jazz and funk records. Calling hip hop music is insulting to real musicians. I see the fad dying out soon.

yeah i've heard that one before at least a million times but in the case of hip hop its not true because you're listening to 99.9% of cut up soul jazz and funk records. Calling hip hop music is insulting to real musicians. I see the fad dying out soon.

haha stop fooling yourself.

youre saying a 20 year old pehomenon that has grown insanely and is one of the most popular music genres in the world is a fad? get real.

mainstream hip hop, whether you like it or not is at the top right now, its never been as popular. and I'm not sure what your view on hip hop is, but if you think that all it is is the stuff played on mtv then your just walking with a blindfold on.

majority of mainstream stuff sucks in my opinion, but I dont let that fool me. my view of todays hiphop: Little Brother, Jurassic 5, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Murs, Common, Consequence, The Roots, J-Live, Jay-Z, Nas, 9th Wonder, Lone Catalysts, Ohmega Watts, Cunninlynquists, Papoose, Tru Life, Skillz, Jean Grae, Sean Price, Foreign Exchange, Kenn Starr, one.be.lo, cage, Supastition, Slum Village, Masta Ace, Royce da 59, MF Doom, Rhymefest, Main Flow, Styles P, Lyrics Born, Classified, Ghostface, AZ, Kanye West, Immortal Technique...

just a few innovative and genuine artists that came to mind.

if you have nothing constructive to add then dont post, nobody is making you listen to anything. well except for radio stations and the television :)

Lupe Fiasco is overrated. Am I the first to say it? Probably not.

Here are some others that no one has mentioned:

De La Soul

Aesop Rock

Mobb Deep

Del Tha Funky Homosapien (Deltron 3030)

Andre Nickatina

Eyedea & Abilities

Gang Starr

My guilty pleasure is Gym Class Heroes. They've made some silly songs but overall their new album is really good.

first off just because i'm hating on hip hop doesnt mean its not constructive. What i mean is that I myself and many other kids that i know grow out of hip hop and as they get older agree that hip hop is juvenile crap. Its bad pop culture. Its just as mundane and weak as pop acts like Britney. I got rid of my entire hip hop collection and could't get anything for it hitting up every record shop in NYC and the reason for this is because real people interested in real music don't recognize hip hop. It has no long lasting value to people who listen to all types of music.

Even all the people on you're "good hip hop list" (which is not impressive) all still talk about the same exact shit. And dont get me wrong i understand what good hip hop is. I used to have a hip hop radio show in college for three years, and used to see people like Poor righteous teachers, gangstarr, Nice and Smooth, Organized Konfusion at Tramps in NYC all the time. I bet you're too young to even know what tramps was! Either way hip hop as a whole is, as corny as it sounds, low brow crap.

Lupe Fiasco is overrated. Am I the first to say it? Probably not.

I think that lyrically he is on a completely different level then any other mc today, and in my opinion everything he puts out is good. but thats all a matter of taste of course.

real people interested in real music don't recognize hip hop. It has no long lasting value to people who listen to all types of music.

wow talk about ignorance.. us "real people" who listen to "real music"..

I dont see what you having problems sellign your records has to do with what hip hop is. you make absolutely no sense. theres an insane amount of people who recognize mainstream hip-hop but more importantly a very big amount of those recognize it as real music. who do you consider "real people"?

Even all the people on you're "good hip hop list" (which is not impressive) all still talk about the same exact shit.

so youre saying other music genres have developed hugely and are "talking about new shit" all the time? whats your point? in the long run the quality of the music has improved 10 fold lyrically and beat wise. theres a lot of quality stuff, If you WANT to find it, you can find it. yes I know what tramps is but I live in europe so I can't be cool enough to say that I hung there. I couldn't care less who you met "in your days" or where you went because, that too, has nothing to do with this.

out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to come here and start preaching? if you got old and grew out of the "fad" then thats fine by me, I couldn't care less.

most music now is derivative - whether it be hip hop or rock.

look at all the skinny boys with guitars rattling out albums at the moment. some ok tracks, but nothing revolutionary

It's been ages since something has made me sit up and pay attention - but i'm hoping something new will come along soon that will do that.

first off just because i'm hating on hip hop doesnt mean its not constructive. What i mean is that I myself and many other kids that i know grow out of hip hop and as they get older agree that hip hop is juvenile crap. Its bad pop culture. Its just as mundane and weak as pop acts like Britney. I got rid of my entire hip hop collection and could't get anything for it hitting up every record shop in NYC and the reason for this is because real people interested in real music don't recognize hip hop. It has no long lasting value to people who listen to all types of music.

Even all the people on you're "good hip hop list" (which is not impressive) all still talk about the same exact shit. And dont get me wrong i understand what good hip hop is. I used to have a hip hop radio show in college for three years, and used to see people like Poor righteous teachers, gangstarr, Nice and Smooth, Organized Konfusion at Tramps in NYC all the time. I bet you're too young to even know what tramps was! Either way hip hop as a whole is, as corny as it sounds, low brow crap.

Jesus...your a bitter one huh? I could take issue with this too many ways. But I'm not gonna waste too much time "hating" on some washed up guy who's upset cause something he valued as a kid no longer passes muster. You make some semi decent points, but you come off like a prick. Oh wait. . . I forgot about your impressive resume DJing at college and seeing "true-school" hiphop groups at tramps. . .my fault. You must really be the authority on shit like this. What I hate about this attitude the most is that weather or not your or my interest in rap music sustains itself (and shit...my patience is growing slim) That will NEVER change the fact that hiphop is music. Plain and simple.

I'm curious what really happened with you... Did you watch too many of your friends die or go to jail, or did you leave college with a degree, a steady girlfriend, and a career path? did you start to feel ashamed to say you listened to music made by a bunch of poor mysogynistic men prone to violent boasts, or were you sick of backpackers who had nothing better to do than rap about how nice they were at rappin, or speak in cryptic metaphors not worth deciphering? Why is graffiti any less valid in 2006 for the young bucks, born and raised in NYC who are out crushing it because it runs in their veins and they just can't get it out? These are real questions to me...cause alot of what you say I can relate to. But what I can't relate to is your tone of superiority, laced with a mix of sadness and anger. Just because Hiphop lost you, or you lost Hiphop doesn't make you the authority on Shit...other than your own experience. And that's it.

Music as a whole feels stale and boring to me these days, but every now and then, I catch something that really hits me where it counts, and that's what makes it all worth while...

-Wolves

you cant understand why i would bring up having a hard time trying to sell my hip hop cd collection to make a point? In general you dont think hip hop lyrics for the most part consist of someone with low self esteem blabbing about why he or she is the illest and why he or she is so much better than those other "fake MC's". And then of course what they'll do to you if you "step up". Rather how they'll "kill you".

After this I'm letting it die but does anyone else in here hear what i'm saying. See where i'm coming from?

Jesus...your a bitter one huh? I could take issue with this too many ways. But I'm not gonna waste too much time "hating" on some washed up guy who's upset cause something he valued as a kid no longer passes muster. You make some semi decent points, but you come off like a prick. Oh wait. . . I forgot about your impressive resume DJing at college and seeing "true-school" hiphop groups at tramps. . .my fault. You must really be the authority on shit like this. What I hate about this attitude the most is that weather or not your or my interest in rap music sustains itself (and shit...my patience is growing slim) That will NEVER change the fact that hiphop is music. Plain and simple.

I'm curious what really happened with you... Did you watch too many of your friends die or go to jail, or did you leave college with a degree, a steady girlfriend, and a career path? did you start to feel ashamed to say you listened to music made by a bunch of poor mysogynistic men prone to violent boasts, or were you sick of backpackers who had nothing better to do than rap about how nice they were at rappin, or speak in cryptic metaphors not worth deciphering? Why is graffiti any less valid in 2006 for the young bucks, born and raised in NYC who are out crushing it because it runs in their veins and they just can't get it out? These are real questions to me...cause alot of what you say I can relate to. But what I can't relate to is your tone of superiority, laced with a mix of sadness and anger. Just because Hiphop lost you, or you lost Hiphop doesn't make you the authority on Shit...other than your own experience. And that's it.

Music as a whole feels stale and boring to me these days, but every now and then, I catch something that really hits me where it counts, and that's what makes it all worth while...

-Wolves

Tone of superiority? Sadness and Anger? I'm letting you know the shit I was into when i was into hip hop to prove I have some knowledge about the music and you immediatly take that as me being superior, sad, angry, and then even my friends come into the mix(jail and that actually made me laugh). I was talking only about an opinion on music, and my reasons behind it and you guys started hating on me! You say you're losing your patience with someone and start name calling. Is that not ignorance? We're on a goddam computer and i respond every other day! You guys are proving my point for me: Short attention spans, automatically assuming that someone thinks there better then them at the drop of a dime, What music do they like: hip hop!

you cant understand why i would bring up having a hard time trying to sell my hip hop cd collection to make a point? In general you dont think hip hop lyrics for the most part consist of someone with low self esteem blabbing about why he or she is the illest and why he or she is so much better than those other "fake MC's". And then of course what they'll do to you if you "step up". Rather how they'll "kill you".

if youre idea of hiphop is mtv and BET then yes, you are correct. but if you'd listen to anything more than that you'd know that there are artists who use intelligent lyrics and word play with a meaning. whats your point, are you saying that other music genres have more contents than hip hop? rap is very hard because of the attention paid to lyrics, unlike rock or pop music for example. you can make a pop song with absolutely no intelligent content yet no one complains.

Tone of superiority? Sadness and Anger? I'm letting you know the shit I was into when i was into hip hop to prove I have some knowledge about the music and you immediatly take that as me being superior, sad, angry, and then even my friends come into the mix(jail and that actually made me laugh). I was talking only about an opinion on music, and my reasons behind it and you guys started hating on me! You say you're losing your patience with someone and start name calling. Is that not ignorance? We're on a goddam computer and i respond every other day! You guys are proving my point for me: Short attention spans, automatically assuming that someone thinks there better then them at the drop of a dime, What music do they like: hip hop!

yes, tone of superiority. youre making yourself look like a total asshole and the attitude you portray through what you type is arrogant and bitter. but hey, thats just my opinion.

you said: "real people interested in real music", you dont think thats a bit arrogant??

and why the hell would you click on a topic about hip hop if you hate it so much? did you not see that this was about the music itself, not a discussion about its fucking history or how some bitter old idiot grew out of it. youre still making absolutely no sense.

I'm still interested in hearing what type of music you, as "real people", listen to? what is it that you consider so superior to hip hop, that has so much more real content and real lyrics? because right now to most people you seem like a total fuck up.

someone thinks there better then them at the drop of a dime

they're? than?

whose the dumbass here, you got some nerve commenting on other people's typing when you're not any better! you said it yourself, "we're on a goddam computer".

(and just incase your thinking about making smart-ass remarks about my typing: take into consideration that english isn't my native language)

Let me explain something to you PHR..

I took what you said, granted I may have been a little severe in tone, and tried to bring up some points I thought might be of interest to you. No where in my post did I say anything in defense of myself, I merely questioned you, cause I thought to myself "shit, this kid sounds pist off at hip hop. I wonder why?" The scenarios I raised where just that. possibilities, guesses, an amalgam of reasons I've heard or felt as to why people lose interest in a culture that sometimes almost seems bent on its own destruction.

What you came back with were some unfounded accusations of "hating", and some witty little spell check remarks for me... It seems your education has served you well. a few things you didn't seem to learn in college: that an argument deserves solid thought and consideration before a knee jerk response...debate is only as civil as the tone you bring to it...and calling someone a dumbass just makes you look silly.

Easy,

Wolves

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of what you say I can relate to. But what I can't relate to is your tone of superiority, laced with a mix of sadness and anger. Just because Hiphop lost you, or you lost Hiphop doesn't make you the authority on Shit...other than your own experience. And that's it.

-Wolves

basically on point.

quite a few dope songs

Ludacris - City of God

Joe Buddens - Crazy

Nas - Where Yall At

AZ - The Format

torrent for it

"New" Mobb Deep, 50 cent, and Ludacris r pretty lame

quite a few dope songs

Ludacris - City of God

Joe Buddens - Crazy

Nas - Where Yall At

AZ - The Format

torrent for it

"New" Mobb Deep, 50 cent, and Ludacris r pretty lame

Just because Hiphop lost you, or you lost Hiphop doesn't make you the authority on Shit...other than your own experience. And that's it.

That pretty much sums it up. phr... You're just another dude who fell off and decided that hip hop isn't relevant anymore 'cause you put some years into it and "grew up." You and Steven Blush would have a jolly old time talking about how certain genres in music have died since you left it.

they're? than?

whose the dumbass here, you got some nerve commenting on other people's typing when you're not any better! you said it yourself, "we're on a goddam computer".

(and just incase your thinking about making smart-ass remarks about my typing: take into consideration that english isn't my native language)

Haha, I was just gonna say the same exact thing. Pwned.