good hip hop

All I been listening to for days is this kid Giggs out the UK. he's not grime per se, nor is he on some black twang/roots manuva/Klashnekof "UK Hiphop" shit. I don't know what to call him. He's just cold.

Don't expect many to feel this. Most common criticism I've heard is that he sounds like he's falling asleep. It took me a minute to get into him, and most of the rest of his campbo are trash. But if you like that gully shit...well, you know what to do.

Giggs Feat. Dubz- Ting Dem

JPFhTK9CW3o

Giggs- Saw

I'm Like "Black Ryan", he's like "That Ryan", I'm like, wrap, tie him, deep fat fry him (Ummmmmm!!!!!)

tdrlI-VQUrw

Giggs-Freestyle

p4tO0hMABD4

Damn, RBW. I thought you weren't into Giggs. Good to see you listening to his stuff.

Ard Bodied and Walk In Da Park have been on rotation for a while. I think Buck is the second nicest out of his camp, but unfortunately I haven't seen him with much appearances lately.

Test Out Da Nine at the end of Park is too much. I have to check if Buck has his own solo tape.

agreed. i've listened to q-tip's new album "the renaissance" several times since i got it tuesday and i have to say that i'm really impressed. being a long time fan of tip and tribe (as i'm sure most of you are) i have very fond memories associated with listening to him in my younger days. it's refreshing to see him evolve and take pride in his craft after all these years, especially with the daunting task of trying to make something worth buying in an age where bootlegging is so easy. i really encourage people to check it out.

Both Q-Tip and Raphael Saadiq's albums are stunning.

I've been throwing those on for the past 2 weeks. Q-Tip really surprised me, but Raphael did a great job on the production.

I just discovered this thread and I can see myself coming back to this one a bit. Good looks on a lot of peoples taste in here. What have I playing lately. This list goes like this.

Madlib: King of the Wigflip

(The last of the beat generation series, no-one better to finish it with)

9th & Buckshot: The Formula

(This got mixed reviews I believe, but I'm lovin' it)

The Clayborne Family: Self Titled

(Oldish group album from Kool Keith, H-Bomb & Marc Live)

Devin The Dude: Landing Gear

(More laid back ish from Devin bout brews, bitches and of course the sticky icky)

The Mighty Underdogs: Dropping Science

(Gift of Gab, Lateef & Headnodic all soulsides members in new group)

Also has anyone heard Yancey's Boys by Dilla's bro Illa J, any good? Apparently most (maybe all, not sure) of the beats are old Dilla joints that didn't make it onto labcabincalifornia which is reason enough to give it a listen. Also need to hear that new Q-Tip album which seams to be getting some good responses from people on here.

Looking forward to seeing Ghostface in London this month.

Do you mean at Fabric or elsewhere? Could you let me know?

Going to see GZA live tomorrow. Fuck yes!

Let me know how it is, considering going next week in LND.

Lowery:

Computer Love is genius, Jay Electonica is also good times.

Love this thread, co-sign on the Black Milk, oh so good, 'Tip's album, Shaka, Manwomanboogie and many more. Illa J's Yancey boys is on rotation...feel so guilty bootloegging that i must buy it to redeem myself....

For the beat heads seek Harmonic 313's latest untitled EP...beats are simply disgustingly good...needs to be listened too LOUD and with lots of bass.

So this album is good? I have heard about him years ago

makes a lot of sense, him being so old and all

Let me know how it is, considering going next week in LND.

shit was canceled in the last minute cause they missed their plane lol. we were hyped as fuck cause two days earlier he changed his support from some c grade dude to fucking killah priest. Disappointment of the year

also, this came out of nowhere for me at least:

stylespqz7.jpg

listen to it streamed here

That stream is trash...unfortunately...all of those are wild stupid old joints from like '04-06. I really hope that isn't the real tracklisting.

In other news...nobody is fuckin' with P. Crakk. This cat drops a new mixtape every month it seems...and is always on some other shit. If you feel different, keelhaul yaself. The hip hop gods agree that, street or whatever...major label or underground...this cat is a true purist and dead nice...too bad he's wild like the majority of his Philly brethren (he just went in again for some old charges).

crakkfilesweb.jpg

http://phillyshit.blogspot.com/2008/10/peedi-crakk-audio-fix-crakk-music.html

Enjoy.

Him and my man Indy500 (Freeway's cuzo) go off on "Men At Work"...the opener, "Too G", is dumb ridiculous...as well as the rest. Throw in "Young Black And Gifted" and some Wu Tang bangers as well...please, fidnidnamz.

While I'm on this Philly shit (since I"m not posting as much these days), State Prop in particular...I have to say that I admire their work ethic. Young Chris and Free both have dropped a handful of FRESH mixtapes lately...and on top of that, Chris is dropping a new verse for each day in November...plus his blog is chock full of new shit and video footy ("The Cypher" with Free and Beans and this other cat is mucho fuego).

And the new Statik Selektah State-P track is super duty tough ("All Together Now").

I'm off to Black Moon/Smif n Wessun at the Knitting Factory...doing both of their debut/CLASSIC albums with a live band. EARLY.