good hip hop

It's getting spins for sure. That and the new Jeezy offering. Hate all you want. Best lines on P's latest are still the I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse.... and the one directly proceeding it where he twists the "you can lead a horse to water" proverb into something like: I can't make the jackass drink the water, but I can lead him to it an show em where it's at. Priceless.

And fuck Un. Dude's not even from QB, yeah? Regardless he's weak. Listening to Twin got me wanting to pull out the old Infamous Mobb Albums. In all honesty, the first two are some of the best shit to come out of QB in the last 5 or 6 years. That was Alchemist at his prime in this critic's humble opinion.

Yeah, I think Un's from Far Rock. Can't find much on his resume ... except that he did a track with Das EFX and was on Alc's Cutting Room Floor 2. He needs to start reporting to his 9 to 5. I gotta throw Special Edition on again. Mobb Niggas, Killa Queens and the track Muggs produced for Godfather were my shit. Alc was one of my favorite producers around '02, especially liked the beats he gave to Saigon.

Don't think I mentioned it earlier ... but HNIC 2 has been growing on me since my initial listen. Which new Jeezy offering are you talking about? The Recession? Didn't get a chance to give it a proper listen yet.

Yeah, I think Un's from Far Rock. Can't find much on his resume ... except that he did a track with Das EFX and was on Alc's Cutting Room Floor 2. He needs to start reporting to his 9 to 5. I gotta throw Special Edition on again. Mobb Niggas, Killa Queens and the track Muggs produced for Godfather were my shit. Alc was one of my favorite producers around '02, especially liked the beats he gave to Saigon.

Don't think I mentioned it earlier ... but HNIC 2 has been growing on me since my initial listen. Which new Jeezy offering are you talking about? The Recession? Didn't get a chance to give it a proper listen yet.

Yeah, The Recession. It sounds like all his other albums, so if you liked them, you'll like this. Plus "My President" almost made my girl cry. That says something, right?

Tip's album has been on constant rotation. I havent listened to much else except for Static and Audio Heroin. I was scared he was going to have one hot single and a bunch of corny follow up tracks like Amplified but I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully he doesnt go on another hiatus like he did before.

dude, i usually fucks with your style, but amplified was the shit. the singles werent even close to the best stuff on that lp. you cwazy.

I liked it when I owned it. But, I was like 14...I listened to it once a few years ago and didnt really dig it. I dunno, maybe its time for another listen. I remember liking the track with Busta (or was that another album?).

I remember getting that and the Violater comp at the same time and listening to the Violater album non stop.

WE WANNA FUCK YOU NORE

YEAH I WANNA FUCK YOU TOO

on tearing it up, i gotta admit, Common - Come Close.

Amplified's a mixed bag, Let's Ride was the only decent single on it, still play that, Things U Do and N.T on the regular.

Anyone who not checked the Illa J yet, please do, i was pleasantly surprised, beats are all deadstock circa late 90's Jay Dee (supposedly originally intended for The Pharcyde) and Yancey boy number 2 definitely comes correct.

^Will check that Illa J out asap!

Just realised Mojoe dropped a new album recently and it sounds damn good! For you who don't know they released their debut album Classic, Ghetto, Soul 2006 and it was fucking bonkers! That shit was organic as fuck and these dudes know how to flow really smooth. Haven't heard that much from this one yet but I trust in the good lord...

http://www.myspace.com/mojoefamily

http://www.mojoefamily.com/

Haven't found a link and haven't bought the album yet but will do right fucking now!!

New Illa J is actually very good! Not at all what I expected. I thought that the beats were gonna be newer and a bit more experimental but as Sam said it's actually more Pharcyde/The Ummah-ish wich is very nice. Illa J might not be the tightest lyricist out there but he knows how to ride the beats in a very comfortable (for the listener) way and how the create that good vibe. If it's actually him singing he's a decent singer as well. I was afraid that he was gonna namedrop and give Dilla constant shoutouts. The shoutouts are there but mostly feel very natural.

This is kopp status

This shit looks pretty fucking excellent man. I'm lookin for a download link but no dice thus far.

^Will check that Illa J out asap!

Just realised Mojoe dropped a new album recently and it sounds damn good! For you who don't know they released their debut album Classic, Ghetto, Soul 2006 and it was fucking bonkers! That shit was organic as fuck and these dudes know how to flow really smooth. Haven't heard that much from this one yet but I trust in the good lord...

http://www.myspace.com/mojoefamily

http://www.mojoefamily.com/

Haven't found a link and haven't bought the album yet but will do right fucking now!!

ima get that black milk when i see it.

the roots manuva is bananas.

anyone up on that rapheal siddiq album? i wanna hear that too.

new qtip is exactly what i wanted it to be. i lvoe me some vintage tribe and all, but im glad he did this instead of trying to recapture some forgotten vibe. that woulda been trite. this shit is excellent.

Has anyone heard that Z-Ro shit? Is it worth a listen?

I haven't listened that much yet but my first impression is that it's decent. Z-Ro always comes more or less correct but it's far from his best.

On another note, Ive developed an interest in french hiphop and been bumping shit like Hocus Pocus and Kohndo quite a lot lately. Can someone give me some recomendations apart from the obvious shit like Saian, Solaar etc?