who here is drunk?

greentea

made the best drink tonight...

2 cups luksosvia vodka... i dont think thats how its spelled, but its a polish potato vodka

1 cup water

1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice

1 cup sugar

zest from 4 limes

dissolved the sugar in the water and boiled for a min to reduce a bit, and added the zest. let simmer for 3 min. added the lime juice and took off the heat. put all of the limes that i had squeezed the juice out of into a pitcher, added the mixture, and the vodka. could use some fresh mint, but im too buzzed to go to the store.

just got back from this bar in the east village with a kitschy concept -- a quiet bar, no music, no loud conversation allowed, when the noise level reaches a certain point, the bartender starts a loud "shhhh!!" which is a cue for everyone to join in shushing and then it gets quiet again. wish i remembered the name of the bar...

• 2 weeks later...

made the best drink tonight...

2 cups luksosvia vodka... i dont think thats how its spelled, but its a polish potato vodka

1 cup water

1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice

1 cup sugar

zest from 4 limes

dissolved the sugar in the water and boiled for a min to reduce a bit, and added the zest. let simmer for 3 min. added the lime juice and took off the heat. put all of the limes that i had squeezed the juice out of into a pitcher, added the mixture, and the vodka. could use some fresh mint, but im too buzzed to go to the store.

made this last night at work for our monthly thirsty thursday party. was great, but I prefer some extra stoli in mine to give it that extra kick. I blame this drink for making me walk around soho for like an hour in a drunken stupor trying to meet up with some girl from uni, I didn't get home till 5am. highly recommended