Blue Alchemy: the story of Indigo screening, London 7 March

Paul T

BlueAlchemy.jpg

A quick heads up;

true denim heads will know about Jenny Balfour-Paul, probably the world's foremost expert on the history of indigo. Her definitive book on indigo has recently been republished as Indigo: Egyptian Mummies to Blue Jeans.

Blue Alchemy, on which Balfour-Paul was a consultant, is a movie on the history of indigo, and how people around the globe are reviving it in their various communities. Jenny will be signing books after the screening and there will be a Q&A with director Mary Lance.

Screening is 7 March, 2012 at the Great Hall, City University, St Johns EC1V. I hope I'll see you there.

Personally, I've learned huge amount from Jenny's book - it's a landmark in the study of the subject, and I suspect the movie will be the same.

1BlueAlchemyscreeninginLondon.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you made it, and enjoyed it, mally?

I went to the London College of Fashion screening, in company with David White and we hugely enjoyed it. We also picked up copies (the second one, in my case), of the new edition of Jenny Balfour-Paul's Indigo. I was re-reading it this morning, and it is an amzing work.

I've posted a review of the film, together with observations inspired by it, of indigo and totalitarianism (I kid you not) at loomstate.co.uk

Edited by Paul T