Superderanged roomates

ifeelasleep

Why do men take showers?

Cause it's disgusting to pee in a bath.

ps - that's straight nasty. Shit in some sort of his liquid (ketchup, shampoo, booze) then move out.

so you live in france. i thought this is what you guys did over there? shit in the tub and on yourselves and shit?

been studying in france for 2 years, not french.

i still dont believe in stereotypes, just that theres crazy fuckers in the world.

still think i will never bring up this topic in a social situation, being the dude that might've bathed in second degree shit is a pretty big "ohnono".

Edited by ifeelasleep

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this is (was?) the best thread ever. did he ever admit to anything? did you confront him?

OK, since my story is also about my roommate I thought I'd post it in here. He isn't what I would call deranged but definitely a different kind of person. Story will be kind of long, so just skip to short version or the part where the main story begins if you don't want to read it or don't have time, but I'll try to make it interesting.

So, I live with one other guy that goes to school with me. I moved in last August without knowing him beforehand. I did this because because basically the situation is amazing. His dad owns our apartment which is in a 10 unit building which is less common near campus. They completely redid the place since they have two other kids that they plan on attending school here. We have a garden area to ourselves. It's literally like 2 blocks from campus and rent is only $750 a month, all bills paid except cable. I used to live at a complete shit hole farther away from campus and paid a bit more total. I also am only obliged to give a 30 day notice before moving out. No year-long contract. Since I was gone for part of this summer he didn't even make me pay for a few months. They've put in all new appliances (refrigerator, dishwasher, air conditioner, and one of the new really nice washers/dryers for my jawnz). Basically, it's a great deal....except my roommate.

He's not too bad but he's really weird. I've been suspicious that he's at least somewhat autistic. The only real thing that I actually dislike about him is that he's really messy (kitchen looks like a war-zone a lot and he takes forever to clean up). I can handle it, though. He's a "brony" (obsessed with My Little Pony the TV show - look it up if you don't know it) and in general a nerdy/geeky kind of person. Whatever, we don't have to be friends. We've never fought or anything; everything is civil. I do my thing, he does his.

[MAIN STORY STARTS HERE]

Anyway, a few weeks ago I come home and he's with a friend watching TV. They're kind of huddled next to each other so I start to expect he's gay. A week or two later a friend and I come home and see him again with this guy and they're definitely spooning while watching TV. Again, whatever. I don't have a problem with this.

Another week or so passes and when he's not home the postman delivers a package. It's from some overseas online pharmacy. I visit their website suspecting something in particular (will be revealed) and on their website I see that they sell that kind of thing. I also overheard him tell his boyfriend that "it came" (the package) when they got home. My curiosity got the best of me and I went into his medicine cabinet (felt guilty about going through his stuff but I had to know if it was what I thought). Anyway, I discover a bunch of hormone pills and things of that nature. He's trying to become a woman.

It's his choice and I don't really have a problem with people doing that but it's still weird to know that you're living with someone trying to become a woman. I hope he doesn't have intense mood swings but it seems inevitable lol. I don't typically consider people weird since everyone is in certain ways but he is really out there.

[sHORT VERSION]

My roommate is trying to change his sex.

Not sure what to think/do. I feel kind of bad for him. I suspect his reasons for doing this aren't because he really "feels" like a woman. Watching My Little Pony, being an engineering student, playing computer games, etc. are not very feminine. He's like the opposite of the typical girl. Every time I look at other places I get dissuaded due to how much better my current one is. I guess I'm sticking with this for a while. I graduate in May and will definitely be moving to a different place, probably a different city/country.

Sorry if this story sucked.

Edited by wurm

i moved into this place about a month ago, didn't know the two dudes because i didn't get a chance to meet them when i checked out the place. took the place because rent is fucking cheap for the area (720/month with all utilities + internet inc). except i fucking hate it here.

i live in a refurbished terracey thing with three levels, i'm on the third. it's a pretty minimalist, in the sense like, survivalist. slumlord status, although i live right across the university so location is fucking a+. but i hate it here so bad. the place has a corridor, with three bedrooms and a bathroom/kitchenette attachment next to the entrance. i live in the bedroom next to the bathroom and kitchenette. one guy lives next to me, he's quiet as fuck, probably hikikomori status except he leaves his room sometimes to go to uni and whatever, but i think he's just a chill guy with no friends. the other dude is a guy who is probably the worst person i've ever met.

when i come to this place, the corridor smells like a putrid, rancid mess. they leave their wastebaskets out in the corridor, with their rotting apples and shit that brings all the bugs to the yard, no joke. it's fucking nasty to open the entrance, i literally hold my breath until i get to my room and have to light up some incense. fucking cried. the kitchen and bathroom unit is nasty as fuck, especially the shower because no one turns on the fan or has any decent brain to know ventilation prevents mould from growing.

i kind of live with it begrudgingly, i have gotten somewhat used to it (i really wish i hadn't but then again). whatever.

meet my housemate. some rich kid from chongqing with parents working for the government. he is probably the most vile person i've met. he sings all the fucking time (except he's a pretty good singer) and he sings the same fucking song. some chinese pop kawaii song. he's the type that watches all those tv shoes like __xx__ got talent or the voice or whatever. apparently he was part of some glee club in china or something. bitch sings all the time, i'm not kidding. like, whenever he wakes up he sings some good morning song or some shit. in the afternoon, he's singing something, probably some afternoon song and at night. at night, he's singing at 2am or 3am at the top of his voice with his door open so that we involuntary spectators have to actually listen to this shit.

if he's not singing at 2 or 3am, he'll be calling china. i don't even know why he calls china at that time, because it's like 11 or 12. my friend, who used to live in the room i stay in now, tells me that he calls his parents and yells at his mom, calling her a 'fucking bitch' and screaming at the top of his lungs like a fucking hound 'why don't you understand me mom?!'. fuck! and when he calls his wife (yea, this cunt has a wife in china) he's yelling at her too. at 2 or 3 am.

he's also fucking scared of the dark, and will spontaneously bark like a rabid dog at any time, especially when he's frightened of the dark. i swear to god, this mother fucker is insane. when he takes a shower, he will sing loudly so that i can hear it in my room - and he takes showers at 1 am. then when he's done with showering he stomps loudly to his room. what the fuck? i really don't get it at all - is it like him trying to tell us that he's done? fuck.

when he goes to the toilet, there are two things that he does: doesn't check if his log has flushed properly (i don't know what the fuck he eats), or he sprays shotgun shit from his ass so that it covers the bowl (you know that really annoying smudge of shit that some asshole leaves so that the next person has to bear witness to when they take a piss, and obligingly aim their urine and contract their urinary muscles extra hard so as to get all that shitty debris off? that terrible fucking smell when your warm piss warms up the shit whilst descaling it so that your olfactory senses are offended by the stench of the shit that came before â„¢ at the very moment your stream hits? yeah, that). fuck.

so yeah, i really hate this place and need to find a new one. my only respite right now is in the fact that he is flying his ass back to china when he graduates at the end of november.

Edited by Pandemonium

I have a superdangered roomate, to whom I wrote a letter in another thread (the open letter one). That is a fraction of the issues I have.

The parties. This is where my story begins (not the mystery turd one from superawkward, either). So last weekend, she hosted a party, but did not invite me. I was just told that there are people (most of whom I know, or am friends with) — deal with it. I dealt. But the thing about my roommate and her friends is that they are a bunch of stoners. I don't smoke, but I don't care about that. At like 2:00AM, they all need to eat, so they decide to make some elaborate, normally messy and labour intensive dish (lasagna, pie, 100 cup cakes, fondue, popcorn, all together). They have no idea how to cook on the best days, let alone high, at 2am. The mess is ridiculous, and as the first person to get up, I have to clean it, just so I have room to work, and things to work with. I hate it. I digress. This party was the biggest, messiest yet. And I decided that I had had enough of this injustice. I still had to clear the other dishes, but left her mountain of lasagna, and told her to deal with it. OK, she says.

So a day went by, and I returned home to find it still out. She comes back, and I am like, WTF. She says "sorry, I was out." I tell her that this is a priority, because I don't want cockroaches. OK, she says, and walks back out the door. Yesterday, four days later, I still see the lasagna, but now it is mouldy. Gross. I tell her, more forcefully to deal with it. She will not; she says the mould is cool. NO! Today, I snapped, and I threw the lasagna, and the entire slow cooker it was in into the dumpster, outside the apartment.

She gets upset, and tells me she was going to clean it up. I am just like, "bitch please." She goes into the dumpster and fishes it out. Now it sits in our front hall. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't I leave, you ask? The apartment is too sick: unbelievable size, location, and price. Maybe there is a way I could get her to leave, without compromising my own health, safety and innocence.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed completely. My camera doesn't even do it justice, either. It's kind of funny because I'm one of the more neat/clean college students there is. Also, this is the apartment that his parents BOUGHT for him and he just ruins it. Most of that can be cleaned up but I'm sure he does shit that leaves permanent marks. And they completely remodeled the kitchen this summer, put in a new washer dryer, dishwasher and refrigerator. I'm not complaining since I benefit, but why would they do this?

Pretty much the only food he 'prepares' is frozen stuff and whenever he takes it out of the box he will leave the box on the counter or stove, not throw it into the trash can that is literally within arm's reach. Furthermore, He'll take whatever food it is to his room or leave what's left on the counter overnight, completely exposed and then the next day he'll eat it or put it in the refrigerator. I'm sure he's on the autism spectrum, if that's a surprise.

Recently he's been leaving for the whole weekend though so that's pretty awesome for me. It always reminds me of how great the apartment actually is when he's not in it - my own bed/bath, a big den area, new appliances, a garden, etc. Stuff that no other apartment near campus has that doesn't cost like $2k per person. Not that he's really that terrible of a person, but so messy and socially awkward.

Edited by wurm

west campus?

No, I used to live in West Campus but got fucked over by the management running my old apartment and found this place. It's like literally one block north of campus near all the engineering buildings. I'm a liberal arts student though so it's about the same distance as my old place. I would kind of prefer to be back in West Campus butt it's a ~5 minute walk to West Campus from here so it doesn't really bother me. It's also a nicer area in general, so it has it's upsides.

Woah wait, it's a guy?

Sort of. I went over it in more detail in my post further up in this thread but he's taking hormones and stuff to try to be a woman. Those are what those pills are. He takes more than just those but he was gone for the weekend and I assume he took the rest with him. He doesn't know that I know this, though. Yeah, it's fucking weird. I would move out but it's really a bitch to do so mid-year like this. Also since I have no contract, I can move out in early May when I graduate (just have to give 30 days notice) instead of having to pay for all of May, June and July like most places which would be more than $2000.

Edited by wurm