Djent

OSS117

Well, I definitely lost track of this site and I'm glad this thread is alive!

The massive collection of bands I have never heard of and now love due to this site is amazing.

Behold a solo Djent Arist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4MH0sczE0

Edited by OSS117

saw paul (chimp spanner) w jeff loomis n the contortionist. my buddy's band opened for them (pauls 1st show in north america). at the time anup and greg (drums, bassist) were brand new to chimp spanner and jeff loomis but had received their music a month prior to the concert, learned it, never played with either of them live and absolutely killed it. awesome show, even got to smoke a cig w anup after the two sets he did back to back. real cool dude. now theyre official

saw paul (chimp spanner) w jeff loomis n the contortionist. my buddy's band opened for them (pauls 1st show in north america). at the time anup and greg (drums, bassist) were brand new to chimp spanner and jeff loomis but had received their music a month prior to the concert, learned it, never played with either of them live and absolutely killed it. awesome show, even got to smoke a cig w anup after the two sets he did back to back. real cool dude. now theyre official

Anup is mad cool. I saw his drum covers on youtube and when he was on tour with Jeff Loomis I didn't realize he was the same guy... and I met him so it wasn't as special as I wanted it to be :( lol. Still a chill dude and ridiculous drummer.

Btw, Jeff Loomis sucks live imo. I mean he's amazing and I love his solo album but, it just wasn't fun watching him play live.

I hear what you're saying. I am a big fan of his playing on his albums but live was horrid from my experience. It wasn't that he was boring... well it was.. but it was also more so that it was hard to hear his playing. I was first row and the sound system at the place was not all that great so that could have been a factor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

met cameron (drummer) from born of osiris, got to snap a pic n have a few minutes of convo w him at this bar earlier this week. him and his band live about 10 min from me.

only reason we talked was cause he came up to me n said nice shirt (was wearing a t from the faceless) and he asked if i knew who born of osiris was. said fuck yeah then the convo began hahaha

Edited by the hall of vame

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3UetwxEMA

Ok, I think I'll be seeing them on Feb 15th. After watching this whole concert I'm so fucking pumped up haha, definitely worth the whole hour.

Can't forget the contortionist... fucking amazing. Edited by laxlife1234

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...