lets see what you've got.

partytaco

• 1 year later...

DSC00158_zps6e08f66c.jpg

top left to right

Fullcount 1109xx        Evisu 2000 no.2        Ooe Yofukuten s9202xx 

Fullcount 1100-10        Denime 66xx        Ooe Yofukuten 9102xx

Fullcount 1108        Samurai 710xx        Dubbleworks 660

now the call out , Ed open the vault and post some of your collection !!!! :)

Thank you Mr Maynard. I've put some wear into about half of them. The 003's hold a special place for me as they was my first pair. I had no idea what I wanted so walked into the shop and fumbled my way through.

I've had a fair few that I really shouldn't of bought, but that the addiction. The flathead I shouldn't have got, I had a pair of pure blue Japan that just looked awful on me

Something about the Osaka 5 I keep getting drawn to.

Edited by Mr-Bielby

For me it was just the wrong cut. No doubting that the denim is fantastic, but it just doesn't interest me.

It was when I started buying denim and my first pair of non washed jeans. I, after seeing the fervor that flathead was getting on here, decided I wanted a pair. I was in Osaka, went to the store asked for a pair ( no idea on how things would look after a wash) and took sizing advice from the bloke in the store. He said 32, so 32 it was. After the wash and tumble dry, the thighs just too tight and the hem too large. They looked like bootcuts until I got them tapered.

I percevered with them just so I didn't feel like it was a waste of money, but really they just didn't do anything for me.

I had some 1005s too and sold them raw without wearing them. The rise was too low and thighs would have been too tight after a wash. I learnt this lesson via two pairs of F350s - the first pair kept shrinking on me until they were very snug plus I wore the knees clean through. Sizing up wouldn't have helped much as the waist would have been too large and the rise still too low. I sold the second pair of those raw. They seem to be touted as a 50s cut but I think they're too modern.

Flat Head denim is beautiful though, if I bought another pair I'd get some sized up 3012s.