Up a Bitch/Steez hotline: Step your style game up thread

dovo

Alright so I'm pretty sure a lot of people on this forum are still in the stage of either finding or dialing in their style, i was thinking we could get something going to help people out with that. Instead of this being like a WAYWT, this would just be a place where people can come through and get constructive feedback/suggestions (brands, cuts, fits etc). So hopefully this will kind of ease some of the random convos in those threads too.

I'll start off. I've kind of come to the conclusion that there are certain styles id love to pull off but just can't (sup baconzilla). For some reason, i feel and look most comfortable in tee's or band tees's and button ups or sweatshirts.

So what I'm wondering is anyone know a way to step that up a lil bit? Maybe get a staple pair of good shoes/boots or a jacket? Im trying to avoid falling into the cosplay side of the spectrum of railroad/rockabilly guy or punk fanboy.

to be serious for a second ive found that not really worrying about trying to be really innovative and just finding a designer or two (i.e. ervell and more recently comme) that really worked for me in terms of concept and fit and trying to make a real effort to build a decent collection of it has worked way better than when i used to try and combine lots of wacky shit (although lets be real i am wearing a cdg skirt right now so i'm no real authority)

I just used bacon because he's someone pretty much everyone would know without having to look it up. Theres a bunch of shit i can't pull off on this forum and theres a bunch of shit that i can. Its not meant to be oh hey internet dress me. Its meant to be if hey if someone knows a pair a shoes some dude may want to consider, or maybe a style of jacket. Or if someone is looking for proportion help, post it here. I don't see the big deal or harm in that.

I think theres some potential here to share some knowledge and drop some good/positive constructive feedback.

Some of you guys have a lil more knowledge than others on this forum and if ud like to contribute, then please feel free.

Edited by dovo

yo dovo, post a fit, hard to give you advice without it.

granted i'm still building up my wardrobe too, but I think the key for someone like you who just wants to go above the basics is to buy interesting individual pieces. for example one of those badass geller shirts with the pin through the collar (bows1 on style forum has one), some slim black waxes jeans, and some moma boots or something is going to look a look more "steezy" than a uniqlo button-down, apc jeans, and vans. just buy cool clothes that you like.

Posted · Hidden by ninetynine, February 7, 2012 - im not going to even get involved
Hidden by ninetynine, February 7, 2012 - im not going to even get involved

The replies in this thread are like, I really can't even believe some of you think of yourselves so highly...

You're all overcompensating when you speak like that.

suck my dick

W+H westpoint chino for sure. Buttons pop off every now and then but otherwise, they're pretty good for what you're paying. $190+ish.

Or if you're in the US and can't find them, maybe try Unis' gio slims. Those are great chinos as well.

lol at citing baconzilla as some form of inspiration. he is probably the most guilty of possessing a derivative reblog "style" on this forum.

all you fucks just need to chill and live your life well. I look dope as fuck every day wearing whatever because I'm confident, happy and healthy.

beinghealthyisforpussiesyo!

yo, I've always LOVED the more Avant Garde stuff. But whenever I had the money to get a legit piece i kinda opped out. Currently my style is somewhere in the semi "#menswear" realm. Im sort of aiming to switch my casual style by challenging myself with this stuff. Or just downright incorporating it. for example more drapier looser tops paired with high tops and stuff like that. I'm 5'7 and sort of slim/average build and I have dreads. so i figure playing with height and proportions is important. I really like demeulemeester, rick, geller & Juun. I also really like Junya Watanabe too. Help a brotha' out.

Edited by AYIYI

hey, i was told to wear straight legs when i first started posting here and it changed everything for me :)

but fuck that, i love my tshirts and hoodies. when i try to dress differently i feel so uncomfortable.

lmao i got negged so bad my last waywt...im pretty sure I'm still gna wear that shirt n look the same as i always do.

all that matters is that everyday you wake up you're happy. if not, fix it. the internet isn't going to help that anyway.

I'll start off. I've kind of come to the conclusion that there are certain styles id love to pull off but just can't (sup baconzilla). For some reason, i feel and look most comfortable in tee's or band tees's and button ups or sweatshirts.

So what I'm wondering is anyone know a way to step that up a lil bit? Maybe get a staple pair of good shoes/boots or a jacket? Im trying to avoid falling into the cosplay side of the spectrum of railroad/rockabilly guy or punk fanboy.

looking comfortable in something will do you much better than trying NOT to look like punkroadbillyboy cosplay

just buy what you like. some of it will be a mistake and some of it will be stuff you wear for years... it's all part of the ride.

Edited by bryanayrb