Distressed wash jeans....

Noddy

PRPS has some pretty overboard distressing but I still like the look of them and they use nice denim as well. I have seen some older AG's that have pretty decent looking distressing (and some butt ugly ones too!) What else would you expect from the Godfather of distressed denim.

I always liked We are Replay but in general I think that even low budget labels like H&M have eventually managed to achieve nice, pretty natural looking washes... And of course 45rpm has nice washes, Jeanshop too...

Although in the end I think the prices for premium distressed denim just can't be justified. I'd suggest to buy something in the lower price range like APC and distress them yourself, it's not that difficult.

noddy, for the past few years distressed jeans have been the shit in japan so just about every denim company over there have rather involved versions of pre-distressed jeans. do you already have a copy of lightning magazine's denim style book #2? if not, you should get a copy. there are TONS of pre-distressed, torn denims in there that you can choose from.

believe it or not, eternals (yes the same eternals that made the holy grail 811s) are known for believable distressing jobs on their denim. another one known for shredding their denim apart is hysteric glamour. but again, there are tons.

I absolutely love what Rogan does with their non-raw denim.

His use of acids and bleach are still the best representation of extreme denim reworking i've ever seen.

i know washed jeans have been discussed before but i can't seem to find it.... and really looking into distressed, ripped washed jeans.... no abercrombie stuff, no diesel, no energie.... any nice japanese brand i can look into?

Omnigod (by domingo, they also make spellbound) and John Bull sewing chops, both japanese brands also made distressed selvedge washed denim that look realistic. Hysteric glamour jeans have great washes especially if you can find the selvedge ones. Are you looking for one to buy or just after information. PM me if you are interested in size 32 omnigod, a bit big for me)

yes hysteric glamour is cool but i don't know where i can get my hands on em.... the book sounds interesting ...

my rec, i say get the book first. (if you're living near japanese bookstores, they should have it or get it for you. if you don't, then kinokuniya should be able to ship it to you.) then when you find something you like, see if a denim store will ship the denim to you from japan. if not, check out 2000db or other bidding services.

• 3 months later...