london denim stores

wblati

Most of the denim in London originates in the EU.

Interstate sells mainstream streetwear brands like Gstar and Carhartt. Best bet

there is EU produced Edwin selvedge. Selfridges is going downhill fast IMO.

Liberty is good for denim but they don't have anything strictly Japanese.

Duffer has great Japanese Evisu, no gulls but red tab removed.

I'm tired that's all I can think of.

i've been sniffing around for jap denim a bit recently, but with strictly limited joy. interstate does carry edwins (and japanese lee), for about 80 quid. haven't been in the edwin store for a while but when i did it was disappointing - just lots of shitty washes.

american classics, opposite interstate on endell st, carries quite a bit of denim - mostly LVC, but they had some wicked japanese lees recently. they do carry SugarCanes, but inconsistently. apparently they're getting more in sometime next month.

oh, Hideout, round the corner from carnaby street has a few Oki-Ni Fluxus left i think, you can google them for a more precise address. you could check out brick lane, i think the shop i'm thinking of is called A Butcher of Distinction. they've got quite a lot of denim but, again, not much japanese stuff. spoke to the dude there last weekend and he's been over there but the wholesale price/tax/other bullshit is prohibitively expensive IHO.

not much help, i know, but we ain't got no Blue in Green over here as yet...

checked out edwins today, didn't like the washes they had. i tried on the greenville but was too loose for m (but can feel the quality in them - worth the £90)

by the way, thanks for giving me other places for denim. might check them out tommorrow.

American Classics opposite Interstate are very serious about their selvedge denim, and, I'm reliably informed, will be stocking Sugar Canes again in the coming months (September time they told me).

Urban Outfitters round the corner from them had some Nudie Baggy Bjorns in last time I looked, reduced to £79! (Alas, not in my size, though.)

I reckon the best bet for British fans of selvedge denim is online retailers. I've bought Nudies from John Anthony and Oi Polloi and Sugar Canes from togged.com (v. good service - they'll be supplying American Classics, I believe).

(I've just realised I'm covering very similar ground to Ruprecht above, but still...)

Yeah, the shop is in Manchester - although I haven't been there. They've got a real eye for clobber: Belstaff, Nudies, Fjallraven. (I mean, who, besides outdoors types, had heard of Fjallraven before they started stocking it?)

And you can also make stock requests with Oi Polloi.

Man, I love their shoes. In fact, they emailed me about an hour ago to tell me that they'll be getting those beautiful three-hole moccasins back in stock in a few weeks. (I'd requested a restock, you see.)

Oi Polloi have a decent, educated denim range - getting a bit low on sizes though.

• 2 years later...

i

Yeah, the shop is in Manchester - although I haven't been there. They've got a real eye for clobber: Belstaff, Nudies, Fjallraven. (I mean, who, besides outdoors types, had heard of Fjallraven before they started stocking it?)

And you can also make stock requests with Oi Polloi.

hannon-shop was stoking way before oi, one of the most trend setting stores in that aesthetic