Nepenthes

pavlovs bell

Loving the cordlane Bedford and trop. wool Landsdown this season. Would really love the latter but $475 price is too rich for my blood.

I started a discussion on SF about the workaday fatigues. Anyone know how much those shrink up after washing?

day 3

manhattan2012050300189.jpg

engineered garments x levis hunting jacket. this is the first eg piece i could afford and what really got me into the brand. paid a princely sum ($275) fresh out of college for this cause it was so unique. another indestructible piece with multiple exterior pockets, side entry for the jacket's dead duck stash, vented arm pits... ton of details. this thing was a second skin for many years.

first joint is called a tenegui. look it up. interesting info and background on what and how they're used. basically a do it all jammy

^those looked so tight in person, wish they made a size to fit my gargantuan feet

day 2

manhattan2012050100179.jpg

needles purple butterfly bandana. awful camera phone picture is washing out the color, which is a rich purple in person. unique pattern and shape with a raw edge.

img2012050100178.jpg

the journey begins bandana scarf. perfect spring weight scarf stitched together from four different vintage bandanas

I think in the 6-700 range but not sure

had a feeling that was going to be the case. i'd inquired about the russell fishing oxfords and they were up there as well.

trade off is getting them from russell for less, but having to wait 8+ months.

• 2 weeks later...

the nepenthes purple label peak lapel jacket they've got at park and bond right now is amazing. i wish i would have copped when available in my size (small, if anyone has it and is looking to sell, hit me up).

tumblr_m4g1bi7Nzm1qargt4o1_500.jpg

Edited by littlemike

in an effort to breath life into this thread i am going to highlight some of my favorite eg/nepenthes pieces that i own, that will hopefully get other people to contribute as well. manhattan2012043000176.jpg eg workaday tote in natural canvas. incredibly tough bag that has served me well for the year+ i've had it. large carrying capacity, works well in the city but even better for a day at the beach

Do you have photo showings you carrying the bag. I have always wanted to get one but am afraid it's just too big.

i never understood the park and bond shop they did...especially since eg used to be one of those "can't sell online" brands (and seems to still be for some accounts). nepenthes should not be in the same category as street etiquette.

afaik, no one besides p&b are "supposed" to be selling eg/nepenthes stuff online, they just do.

got a chance to look at the needles a/w catalog at work yesterday, some pretty nice stuff in there.

• 3 weeks later...

it's a fairly standard sized tote, not too big - mainly use mine as a holiday bag, good enough size for a couple of beach towels and bits... I don't have an over the shoulder pic but bag is in background of pic in waywt link pic which is the EG polka from this season

P4154215.jpg

http://i553.photobuc...yo/P6044767.jpg

http://i553.photobuc...yo/P6044794.jpg

polka bedford for from SS12

P4154217.jpg

Edited by Switch

• 1 month later...

700 right? I need to post up my eg collection here soon.

fw11 bedford serge wool

fw10 heavy cotton bedford

ss09 washington field jacket

ss12 angler shirt

ss12 trail vest

and another purchase in the works...

Edited by Fycus

• 4 months later...

I may have to do the same this weekend.

A bit late news, it looks like p&b no longer has any nepenthes stuff up besides a pair of chinos.

Ordered my Workaday Utility Jacket from the shop via email. They were super prompt with replies and helpful with sizing and all that. Hand written thank you note from them along with a copy of the F/W 2012 lookbook.

Edited by Lendo

I'm missing a shirt, but so far just outerwear. Sorry for the crap pic quality, I didn't have a good camera on me this weekend and had to resort to my phone.

SS12 Angler shirt in Navy. Probably my favorite piece from ss12 by far, besides the ground jacket in cordlane. I saw this in a couple of jp lookbooks and knew I had to have it. Retail was pretty heavy (close to 300 iirc), but the details and fit are spot on. Best layering piece ever, and since I'm in CA it gets wear all year.

ZWhuE.jpg?1

FW11 Navy Serge Bedford. The blazer to end all blazers as far as I'm concerned. This confirmed my passion for the brand, and got me hooked on the bedford jackets. Fit is incredible, looks great dressed up, down, whatever. Definitely my most versatile piece.

haHH3.jpg?1

SS12 Trail Vest in Khaki. Love this thing to death. Yes it is a little odd, and I do get a lotta questions when wearing it, but it really shines as a layering piece. Under a blazer, over a blazer, you name it.

X3gy4.jpg?1

FW10 Black whipcord Bedford (possible IC, size large). Got this on the B/S forums after getting addicted to bedfords. Black doesn't work that well with most my clothing, and the whipcord seems to attract every piece of lint and dust on the planet so it hasn't gotten to much wear. Still a fantastic piece, I even think its heavier than my unlined wool bedford.

S1a9B.jpg?1

SS11 Polka Dot Bedford. Grail piece for me. Got really lucky and saw this for sale second hand and had to pick it up. Was called a gameshow host by a bum on the street wearing this and it made my day.

aToLl.jpg?1

SS11(10?) Navy Diamond Andover. Also a piece that doesn't get much wear, but I think the detail and fit are fantastic. Much more formal than most of the stuff I wear from EG, but seems to dress down nicely.

aMpui.jpg?1

Detail

mBnqn.jpg?1

FW09 Birdshooter Jacket in nyco ripstop. Unreal detail on this thing. Sleeves are lined and cuff and collar are corduroy. Really nice herringbone wool in the body. (Got this with tags, worn twice then stored for years by some dude who called it a barn jacket. Total swoop.)

EHO98.jpg?1

SS09 Washington Guide Jacket. My first piece from EG. Picked this up from KVC on the forums here for $150, and it was the best money spent in a long time. The jacket looked real lame in the listing, but I heard great things about EG and saw that the measurements seemed perfect. Leather tabs on the drawstring, convertible collar that can be worn more like a blazer (below) or more like a traditional m43 jacket. I have worn this for 3 years, and while it has faded quite a bit and softened up a lot, it is still one of my favorite pieces from EG.

WQ06f.jpg?1