Nepenthes

pavlovs bell

EG and nepenthes related share a soft spot in my heart. Anybody I show an EG lookbook to thinks I'm crazy, but I think its one of those things that when you are wearing it, everything fits perfectly and is a lot more subtle than you think. Wool bedfords in the fall/winter, cotton poly overshirts / light jackets in the spring summer would be all I wear if I had the choice. I love the use of heavy disco styled polyester fabrics for needles, and the pseudo new mexico feel of s2w8. Everything is reasonably priced imo considering it is made in the USA in relatively small runs. I've never paid more than $250 for outerwear on sale. Angler shirt is on my must buy list for this spring, will probably add another light jacket once I can see what more stockists picked up.

made with rest is still around?

rest store long gone but mwr is still around in some form or another. ever since linking up with ovo it seems like dude is more focused on the jewelry, but i thought i remembered dude saying mwr was due for a return and to be stocked at nepenthes. i could be wrong tho....

i emailled them like a month ago about some mwr stuff

they definitely told me that the previously stocked stuff like the mwr knit caps will get restocked..

said they'd post on the blog when that happens (whenever that is)

so bummed i missed out on the mwr pop-up >:(

some of the jewelry/eyeglasses on the second floor are dope as hell... anyone own/handle these???

i emailled them like a month ago about some mwr stuff

they definitely told me that the previously stocked stuff like the mwr knit caps will get restocked..

said they'd post on the blog when that happens (whenever that is)

so bummed i missed out on the mwr pop-up > :(

some of the jewelry/eyeglasses on the second floor are dope as hell... anyone own/handle these???

they flashy as all hell, too bold for me to even warrant a "can you open the case?" request from their SA's.. i really want one of those brooches from the park and bond site though, they're all great....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in an effort to breath life into this thread i am going to highlight some of my favorite eg/nepenthes pieces that i own, that will hopefully get other people to contribute as well.

manhattan2012043000176.jpg

eg workaday tote in natural canvas. incredibly tough bag that has served me well for the year+ i've had it. large carrying capacity, works well in the city but even better for a day at the beach

Edited by Spaghetti

i'll post some waywt fits of some eg/nepenthes stuff soon. definitely my favorite brand collective. recently picked up the south2west8 canoe sack in yellow, as shown next to this dude seen above..

i told myself i would never buy anything yellow unless its a Lamborghini but i couldn't resist.

7056856237_8510cc9234_o.jpg

Wish I lived in the city so I could check out the shop first hand. I feel like there's a lot of stuff you miss out on by browsing online, etc. On the hunt for another outerwear pieces atm.

also, someone posted these shoes on sf that I guess are exclusive to nepenthes jp, pretty badass IMO

350x233px-LL-9ac85092_20120427_2584470.jpeg

350x233px-LL-06985fa1_20120427_2584629.jpeg

someone is selling a pretty nice bomber for a great price too. i don't fuck with black, but someone should cop.

$(KGrHqZHJDQE92G5WV68BPnWBN3ueg~~60_58.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350561472715&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_981

^those looked so tight in person, wish they made a size to fit my gargantuan feet

day 2

manhattan2012050100179.jpg

needles purple butterfly tenugui (thanks joe). awful camera phone picture is washing out the color, which is a rich purple in person. unique pattern and shape with a raw edge.

img2012050100178.jpg

the journey begins bandana scarf. perfect spring weight scarf stitched together from four different vintage bandanas

Edited by Spaghetti