Visvim SS12

emixam

no offense man but for $3000 you could really get something else that has better in value. there are plenty of diy makers out there that does the "visvim turquoise" necklace as low as $30 and they look the same.

im jus saying.

with 3 g, i prefer to invest on their jacket instead. those type of necklace they all look the same anyway. no one going to know if you're wearing a vis .. shit i even rather buy a nice watch or even diamond lol

Visvim only gets a handful of these a season and the sell out instantly for 300000 yen. So clearly there is garbage turquoise and quality turquoise. It's not for everyone , but for those who appreciate nice stuff

no offense man but for $3000 you could really get something else that has better in value. there are plenty of diy makers out there that does the "visvim turquoise" necklace as low as $30 and they look the same.

im jus saying.

There are also plenty of clothing designers that make oxford shirts for $50 and chino pants for $60, and jeans for $50, so then why do you buy anything visvim if thats how you think?

with 3 g, i prefer to invest on their jacket instead. those type of necklace they all look the same anyway. no one going to know if you're wearing a vis .. shit i even rather buy a nice watch or even diamond lol

like i said its clearly not for everyone, but some of us have nice watches and have visvim jackets, i agree if i did not have any visvim jackets i would get one before i buy one of their turquoise necklaces. and you should not buy things with the idea of what other people think i like visvim cause it is true quality, hence i would buy one of the necklaces cause its true quality. No one knows im wearing visvim where i live do i care, not at all, cause i could care less what people think about what i like. So my point is since i like the best of everything i would not buy some cheap version of something if there is a much better version of something. Nor would i buy diamonds lol

no hate man, i guess at the end of the day its your money. but i think its just uncommon to spend that much on turquoise necklaces since not many people understand the quality etc (including me). i mean for me i dont like diamond as well .. but what im saying is if im spending that much on jewellery, i would invest on something that has selling point or steady price point in the market, you know, like diamonds gold etc .. well thats just me tho.

like i said its clearly not for everyone, but some of us have nice watches and have visvim jackets, i agree if i did not have any visvim jackets i would get one before i buy one of their turquoise necklaces. and you should not buy things with the idea of what other people think i like visvim cause it is true quality, hence i would buy one of the necklaces cause its true quality. No one knows im wearing visvim where i live do i care, not at all, cause i could care less what people think about what i like. So my point is since i like the best of everything i would not buy some cheap version of something if there is a much better version of something. Nor would i buy diamonds lol

this turquoise business reminds me of how SOPH is selling Chan Luu bracelets for like USD 500... which are very similar to the ones that went on sale at banana republic last xmas for USD 20...

unless you live near revive

Lol I do live close to revive and my good buddy owns it. But they know about it cause they are with in my group of friends who like it. 99% of people in MI do not and shop at sears and old navy lol

The turquoise is unstabalized and handcut. It is mined from the best mines in the US. Its a long process to hand cut the stones and is somewhat wasteful to use such a good turquoise to make heshi There is practically no one now a days that makes heshi with such high quality turquoise and doing it by hand. The turquoise feel much heavier and will last forever. Over time it will change color a bit. So now we know why some are 50$. And this one is $3000. Not for everyone but there is a huge market of people that want these

The turquoise is unstabalized and handcut. It is mined from the best mines in the US. Its a long process to hand cut the stones and is somewhat wasteful to use such a good turquoise to make heshi There is practically no one now a days that makes heshi with such high quality turquoise and doing it by hand. The turquoise feel much heavier and will last forever. Over time it will change color a bit. So now we know why some are 50$. And this one is $3000. Not for everyone but there is a huge market of people that want these

lulzzzz

They're nothing that different from a normal heishi necklace that i can see and I don't think the grade of turquoise is anything exceptional.

http://www.durangosi...uoisegrades.htm

The entire Self Edge jewelry collection is produced by three artists, those artists are managed by the same person that supplies DSC with their silver and turquoise. Turquoise from Sleeping Beauty valley is some of the best available in the world, that's what i use and it's also what Visvim uses, they buy it from a middle-man making the price higher and i buy it from the grandson of the first white man to ever trade rugs and jewelry with the Indians.

Edited by kiya

Master, do yourself a favor and buy vintage. 3k is insane cash for handmade necklace unless vintage or made by a well known native American artist. (1500/ea what have you)

I too <back in the day> would have loved to grab a Vis one to but with a little work and trip to brimfield flea market last year I found a hand stung 1930's for $100. I recently picked another one up this year that I'll restring myself for $50 bucks and it's at least from 50-60's.

There's some good vintage najavo necklaces out there, even on eBay right now. Even at RRL or RL stores they sell vintage for around the same price but at least you know it's vintage and legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Navajo-Royston-Turquoise-Heishi-Bead-Necklace-VERY-TRADITIONAL-/310403975839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484584ca9f#ht_2243wt_1432

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dead-Pawn-Very-Very-OLD-Navajo-desin-Green-Turquoise-Heishi-Bead-Necklace-28-5-/110886737431?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d15d5617#ht_3668wt_922

Hell even until I found these I went to look for my own beads and handmade a few myself for me and friends for under 40 bucks even if turquoise was not A grade I'll still rocked it hard and NO one knew any better

At end of day it's your cash - good luck

The artist is famous he is the same artist that makes the visvim ones, I know for a fact, I'm not trying to throw dudes name out there cause the people at visvim were a little shocked that I got in touch with him. And his work is much better then any I've seen. Those versions on eBay do not look up to par to me but I'm sure they work for a lot of people. It's really what ever I was just throwing the idea out there if they missed out on one from FIL. I had no idea people were gonna throw a fit about it and talk about how it's a rip off. Visvim would not charge pretty much 4k a necklace if they got them for 500 and a thousand bucks. The shit cost a grip cause of where it is mined from and the artist so it is what it is. You either love it or hate it

Looks like those cheap 25 ones...the color for starter is different than the one vis used

The artist is famous he is the same artist that makes the visvim ones, I know for a fact, I'm not trying to throw dudes name out there cause the people at visvim were a little shocked that I got in touch with him. And his work is much better then any I've seen. Those versions on eBay do not look up to par to me but I'm sure they work for a lot of people. It's really what ever I was just throwing the idea out there if they missed out on one from FIL. I had no idea people were gonna throw a fit about it and talk about how it's a rip off. Visvim would not charge pretty much 4k a necklace if they got them for 500 and a thousand bucks. The shit cost a grip cause of where it is mined from and the artist so it is what it is. You either love it or hate it

Edited by flex

Lol I do live close to revive and my good buddy owns it. But they know about it cause they are with in my group of friends who like it. 99% of people in MI do not and shop at sears and old navy lol

why are you laughing?

Edited by mr.invincible