Visvim SS12

emixam

wow im surprised they had 5 salesman just for a small shop. so basically we got overcharged because they pay for unnecessary spending like this :/

the FIL here in sendai is usually staffed with about three people even on weekdays...even when it's fairly quiet. but i think the reasoning is that unlike a lot of other stores, the staff devote a lot of time/attention to each customer. it's not the kind of store where the staff just go in the back room to grab a size and then leave you to yourself. They stay with the customer and really try to explain the product.

It's funny as I'm sure having the stores so well staffed affects the prices...and as prices go up, I'm sure the customer expects more personalized customer service...

"The exploratory robe is made out of tree bark fiber stripped off the sunny side of a tree. The sun dries out the fibers allowing it to gather and woven into fabric. This piece is completely handmade and carries a very steep price tag of up to $30,000."

Visvim-Treebark-Details.jpg

Edited by seven.homme

the FIL here in sendai is usually staffed with about three people even on weekdays...even when it's fairly quiet. but i think the reasoning is that unlike a lot of other stores, the staff devote a lot of time/attention to each customer. it's not the kind of store where the staff just go in the back room to grab a size and then leave you to yourself. They stay with the customer and really try to explain the product.

It's funny as I'm sure having the stores so well staffed affects the prices...and as prices go up, I'm sure the customer expects more personalized customer service...

That should go for any store that carries Visvim product. As you all may know, Visvim has a very niche clientele and most of all the people that do buy Visvim like to know the inspiration behind each piece. Thats why for most, we like to buy the main or special piece of the season because it can get redundant.

Even for customers who buy Visvim regular and attend our trunk show have the same mentality as most when they see a piece that cost over 4k. Thats when you really break it down to them and explain the reasoning behind it. Though to some it justifies the pricing and others it does not, there is an understanding and madness behind certain pieces.

just a heads up, for those who is currently looking to buy used visvim turtoquise necklace, words are that there's a maker in japan that makes 1:1 fake necklace with the silver pendant and everythjng (no box). those go for 153usd normally. i saw only the pictures of white necklace at the local reseller shop and its very hard to find the tells.

fil tokyo accept AE or visa^^

what is AE ? I wanted to make a transfer since I have a Japanese bank account but here is what he replied :

Actually, we don't accept Paypal and transfer. Please come to pay at store directly.

fw 12-13? but shoe tags similar like this season. got this from instagram. dude's twitter says that he's a model and just finished shooting some stuff with visvim

06b24b7b.jpg

I recognize the flynt's from the Spring summer 2013 sneak peek pics taken from the paris showroom. pretty sure its SS 13, side note those 7 Hole 73 Folks (next to the flynt mids) look dope as fuck.

Edited by jcashen87

ss13 is too far .. we need pics from fw12-13 lol

anyway, just went to supply end of season sale .. most vis stuff 30% off .. shoes like cap folks are 50% off ..

*im doing proxy for the sale stuff if anyone interested

Edited by seven.homme

"The exploratory robe is made out of tree bark fiber stripped off the sunny side of a tree. The sun dries out the fibers allowing it to gather and woven into fabric. This piece is completely handmade and carries a very steep price tag of up to $30,000."

Visvim-Treebark-Details.jpg

I think this is Ohyou fabric from the indigenous people of Hokkaido called "Ainu". This fabric is constructed of inner elm tree bark layers. Painstaking process, no wonder it's so expensive. I'd say there are only a small handfull of people who can make this stuff.

Edited by the bandanna almanac