Visvim SS12

emixam

I'm trying to get a s/s 2012 101 jacket but I'm having trouble deciding on a size 1 or a size 2. I'm 5'9 140, I read a couple pages back that some people copped the new 101 jacket, any way you guys can shed some light on the sizing? Much appreciated !

Edited by Chewything

No those will release later this season got them from the stage exhibition at Einstein early. Next season they go back to canvas this version used kudu and denim again. The fbts. Are this spring summer they will release later this season maybe next week

I'm trying to get a s/s 2012 101 jacket but I'm having trouble deciding on a size 1 or a size 2. I'm 5'9 140, I read a couple pages back that some people copped the new 101 jacket, any way you guys can shed some light on the sizing? Much appreciated !

5'8 here. I'm having a 101 size 2 on the way..The measurements I was given was 53 cm x 63 cm. A size 3 would probably fit alot more baggy on me. It should be here early next week If you want more fitpics and proper measurements so you can decide what size..

I know the sizing can be difficult sometimes so I will gladly help!

im 5'10 and 150lbs i wear sz3 101 because i want to layer, sz2 works perfect for me with just tshirt. you seem alittle bit smaller. so i would follow same rules, just size down 1. wear size 1 for just tshirt or slim oxford, buy size 2 if you want to layer flannel and/or hoody etc...

5'8 here. I'm having a 101 size 2 on the way..The measurements I was given was 53 cm x 63 cm. A size 3 would probably fit alot more baggy on me. It should be here early next week If you want more fitpics and proper measurements so you can decide what size.. I know the sizing can be difficult sometimes so I will gladly help!

im 5'9 143 i wear a size 1, with room to layer, shirt, tee, even a hoody underneath.

edit: i just got a one wash lhamo shirt in size 1. brand new. not my vibe so might let it go. interested parties pls pm me. thanks

Edited by Mattvv

thats epic, a selvedged tounge

Both my Skagways from a few years back have selvedge tongues.

Anyone know why the 03 and 04 denim isn't selvedged but the 01 and 05 cuts are? I know there is on the coin pocket but not on the legs. Im guessing that perhaps they are based on an old Levi model that also wasn't selvedged for some reason. Due to Visvim's obsession with detail and authenticity there must be a reason. Maybe Kiya you know the answer? Its always puzzled me.

it is due to fabric fabric width, and the more slim the less chance you can have selvedge due to fabric consumption and pattern cutting. I never owned nor tried APC but I thin Petit Standard are not selvedge ?

Also coin pocket dont have selvedge on 04, only waistband - but that's pretty cool to look at your selvedge while taking a piss - haha.

Edited by emixam

Anyone know why the 03 and 04 denim isn't selvedged but the 01 and 05 cuts are? I know there is on the coin pocket but not on the legs. Im guessing that perhaps they are based on an old Levi model that also wasn't selvedged for some reason. Due to Visvim's obsession with detail and authenticity there must be a reason. Maybe Kiya you know the answer? Its always puzzled me.

Visvim isn't exactly doing straight repro cuts, if a jean is made of selvedge denim but doesn't show selvedge down the side-seam its either because they're saving money and using the selvedge edges for accents on other garments, accessories, or footwear OR the leg is tapered from both the inseam and outseam.

Hi guys, wat size do you think I have to get fr a lhamo one wash? my tailor gave me these body measurement

shoulder to shoulder (42.5cm/16.5inch)

shoulder to wrist

(64.5cm/25.5inch)

shoulder to waist

(56.5cm/22inch)

pit to pit

(38cm/15inch)

181cm, 70kg

Thanks all. :)

Edited by misterdeann

I'm 173cm 70kg.

For me its: size 2 for that perfect fit/good with shirt

Size 2 lhamo shirt is

Shoulder to shoulder 53cm

pit to pit 55cm

length (measurements taken from the back, collar not included) 63cm

armlength (from shoulder) 58 cm

Size 3 lhamo is

shoulder to shoulder 57 cm

pit to pit 57cm

length (measurements taken from the back, collar not included) 66 cm

armlength (from shoulder) 60cm

i took all of these measurements, but they may be off ~1 cm.

Edited by kristofferw

hi can i get some advice on the sizing of visvim cantor folk, im wearing size 12 for hockney, serra and flynt lo canvas.

i am afraid that a us 12 in cantor folk will be too tight for me, can any one shed some light?

thanks

I'm 173cm 70kg.

For me its: size 2 for that perfect fit/good with shirt

Size 2 lhamo shirt is

Shoulder to shoulder 53cm

pit to pit 55cm

length (measurements taken from the back, collar not included) 63cm

armlength (from shoulder) 58 cm

Size 3 lhamo is

shoulder to shoulder 57 cm

pit to pit 57cm

length (measurements taken from the back, collar not included) 66 cm

armlength (from shoulder) 60cm

i took all of these measurements, but they may be off ~1 cm.

Thanks man! :) size 1 will be a tad too tight huh? Don't mind can show a fit pic?? Thanks!

Thanks Kiya. I know that Visvim isn't a straight up repo brand but they do reference or at least take as a starting point classic fits and vintage models. Still think there's more to it why the 03 & 04 aren't fully selvedged. I think its down to a classic model they used as a base for those 2 fits.