Visvim SS12

emixam

went to FIL tokyo today for the 1st time and was pretty disappointed by the shop itself : Sendai one looks way better, also the staff was a bit arrogant and not very friendly.

Really?

I've had nothing but pleasant conversations with the dudes there. Chatted with a few of the staff for quite a while about things other than Vis, they've helped get me proddy from other FIL stores if it was sold out there, shit they even let me shop for an hour and half after closing time despite me telling them multiple times that I could come the next day.

I've been to most FIL stores (granted I wasn't able to make the trek to Sendai) but Tokyo's been my favourite for the staff alone.

Edited by Playahater

^^^

Almost all stores here do that, particularly in retail, even when buying something as small as a piece of cake from a little kiosk they often come out and from behind, hand you the bag and bow as you leave. In any case, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the FIL staff in both Tokyo and Kyoto.

^^^

Almost all stores here do that, particularly in retail, even when buying something as small as a piece of cake from a little kiosk they often come out and from behind, hand you the bag and bow as you leave. In any case, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the FIL staff in both Tokyo and Kyoto.

yeh i know its common in japan but many brand stores i have experienced dont do it. compared to the poor service i got at wm and supreme harajuku f.i.l is great

Edited by trem

there are quite a lot of fake Virgil in China (and HK) : http://item.taobao.c...?id=13673394286

as for my FIL Experience : one of the shop assistant looked at me from head to toe in a pretty arrogant way (was wearing 101 and Virgil) and I didnt get any goodbye when I left (not that I care actually, but that is surprising in Japan - and we were only 3 customers for 3 staff). As for the shop itself, I prefer the wooden floor and decoration of FIL Sendai, Tokyo one feels a bit cold (all white).

Edited by emixam

emixam

damn thanks for that. But I've seen a couple of seller selling 2010 virgil at yahoo HK, they have the box with the signed tag from FIL Japan, so I guess those ones are real? but still, I haven't found any reliable HK proxy yet..

Edited by arya_triad

emixam damn thanks for that. But I've seen a couple of seller selling 2010 virgil at yahoo HK, they have the box with the signed tag from FIL Japan, so I guess those ones are real? but still, I haven't found any reliable HK proxy yet..

these hk resellers are legit: Concept Shop / Human Behaviour

Just got back from Hong Kong, while at airport last week I picked up TOUCH mag.

It had an interview with f.i.l.'s tai and jerry + cool background on visvim pieces such as lhamo, sanjuro, noragi. Too bad can't read it

i cant link from my photobucket nor upload to these new galleries here on SuFu. Any help on how to scan would be appreciated - I think most would find interesting - fyi, someone would need to translate them too

Edited by Hatful of Hallow

@hallow, did u get to visit the f.i.l. shop in central or wan chai? ah tai and jerry are cool, they are mainly at the central shop....

I mainly go to wan chai, i know tai from central but he was there when i stopped by. i know most of the guys there and bs with them while there. tai was with this cat eason chan who rolled up in this crazy austin martin mini. i didnt know him but he was cool and showed me and my friend his car. it was not until i left that my friend told me who he was.

trip was great as always - love HK actually going back again for work due to some production issues at work. did damage there shoe wise. they held the new virgils for me so they are in route now and while there got the 7-hole 73's in black and they had found me a pair black virgil kudu. f#@k need to like put in work to pay for all this stuff now. i wanted to buy the coverall jacket and indigo lhamo or sanjuro but they didnt have them in stock and never ever have my size (im too tall)

i'll try to get these scans up sometime soon

Edited by Hatful of Hallow

....the first version ever used on the virgil model... lowest profile heal with little X shaped grips. i believe they are on the second or third version with the "kudu virgil" having a chunkier heel with a camo type grip and the current folks having a "christie" sole which is a work boot platform style.

V1 "OG"

efoxhv.jpg

"Chunkie Heel" some Dk Brown KNGR Virgils

2mzh8hs.jpg

V2 "Camo Grip" KUDU's

2dag49c.png

V3 "Christie" work boot style

2n9koxg.png

Edited by Vinneus

mine split after less than 1 week....

I wonder if they finally fixed the OG sole. Mine split apart after 3 weeks of wear.

lol i dont think this would be acceptable for any other brands. especially for close to $1k a pair. #hypebeast