Visvim SS12

emixam

i guess i'll start saving up and get my inbox cleaned out so when someone like end or union announce footwear drops, i can get one of the two(if that) size 12s that come in stock :/

a little late to the visvim party, but better late than never i guess. There isn't really a general visvim discussion thread so i figured i would post in here. Just got a nomad and can't explain how amazing a jacket it is (probably don't need to on here).

Kind of a strange question but with the recco tracking system, how does it work? and is it possible to use it as a tracking device for your jacket, outside of the snow environment.

Don’t think i have ever been soo happy with a purchase, now i need to start slowing phasing non-visvim items out of my wardrobe. haha

The Recco system is a 2 way system with a beacon ( on your jacket) and a receiver. They don't have any more specifics stored on them. So all Recco's have one generic code

For example : If you got the receiver you could technically trace your Nomad. But if my Arcteryx jacket(with Recco) is also close by it it could be tracing that...

In the search and rescue world they are called death tags , they locate buried avalanche victims but the receivers are only in use by the search and rescue. If they get to you, you would be trapped under the snow for probably more than 10 minutes making your survival chances critical.

They are no match for a avalanche transceiver where you can actively be searched by people in your own party.

Always found the Recco a bit much on a Visvim jacket.. How many people would take that jacket out on a ski piste ???

@tofu, yeah i agree only the beige caught my attention. i think this pair looks dope. for the black/brown colorways, the americana decks already have em and they look kinda similar anyway.

@ddyler, thanks man but im more like finding a proxy purchasing service where they can purchase me stuff from yahoo hk auction and stuff like that.

vinneus - do you think its possible to get a fit pic of you wearing the noragi with no shirt underneath?

It's not a fucking dressing gown!

It does look good Vinneus but I can't get over the short sleeves. Same with Sanjuro.....I know thats what the lhamo is all about and I love my lhamo but the detail on the sanjuro would be amazing with long sleeves.

...its crazy cuz the 3/4 sleeves are what sold me. i always roll up my sleeves for work so its good for me. i guess that why they made the few diff models!

@ddtyler, thanx for the info, i used sharpservice for my order, as always!

@ruco ...if i had a tan homie ;)