Visvim SS12

emixam

GENTS..... May i call a moratorium on this. We're all on here for appreciation and to spread love.

We love what Hiroki does, some of us are fanatical, some of us have been with this brand for many years, others are newer but have undoubtable devotion and knowledge. Without trying to sound too much like a twit, we're all different - so sizes are gonna be a personal issue. When we give information its to help but you have to take your own shape (and wallet) in to consideration and call it what it is (unless you live near a FIL and can walk in) a gamble .

For most of us Visvim sizing is pretty indeterminate: the excellent "dissertation in sizing dissemination" piss take from a couple of season back thread was spot on.

So to the matter in hand...for me lhamo's fit small and the arms aren't wide at all but for someone who's stockier with less of a bicep (and christ know's i don't have guns.....) maybe it's a perfect fit. The only Noragi (linen) I've seen is roomier than my lhamo. And the grizzlys look to be on the big side - mine are still in transit though so certainly fucking hope they are. And there we have it ...... the Visvim roulette wheel, and lets be honest we all know what we got in to before we sat at the table.

Now I'm off for a large brandy and cigar ( in my lanten smoking jacket).

Goodnight!

For info (and to add confusion) : I compared the shoulders and P2P measurements found on Y! of XL noragi with my Lhamo XL : Lhamo is 59cm and noragi 64cm

I would size down1 if just want to wear a Tshirt underneath

T2KlOqXmNXXXXXXXXX_!!461583221.jpg

T2mlWqXkxXXXXXXXXX_!!461583221.jpg

Edited by emixam

lololololololol so you're saying when i asked if i could do a 10, which is a real size down for me, and you said no way, you were lying? i should have known if your wide ass feet fit an 11 i could do a 10, so i waited and waited until i coiuld find an 11, but instead i trusted you, which i now know was a mistake. many people on here followed my sizing advice for the grizzlies in the last few months based on what you told me. i told a ton of people they fit small. because YOU TOLD ME they fit small. the fact of the matter is that i got my grizzlies without your help (yeah good job telling me you couldn't do a special order for me from the gyre release and then ryno telling me multiple people got pairs) and they kind of fit me. i can't respect your sizing help, because myself and multiple other people here have refuted it. remember when i asked you about the lhamo? look a few pages back, several people that have it says it fits pretty roomy, you said i def need a 5. how can i trust you with anything you say to me? instead i either go straight to the source (visvim employees that i know now) or just wait and read yjp measurements.

You don't have to take my advice. I am speaking from what I have seen and heard so far. Everyone who tried on the Noragi at the Visvim trunk show sized up. As for the sample compared to production.. it would not have changed much since that would defeat the whole purpose of having a trunk show so people can try it on and order the correct size. I myself have not tried it on.. but we did order that piece for the store so I guess I will wait and see. The Grizzly's on the other hand, I have had friends who purchased the way before I did and they all suggested to size down. I doubt that I told you to size up if I myself knew to size down when I purchased my pair. But everyone knows now to size down so it doesn't matter anymore.

As for you asking me about special order.. I never said yes or acknowledge it. It isn't easy to make a special orders from Visvim, especially when it is a FIL/Spot item. If it was then I wouldn't have needed to buy my Grizzly's from Cocodrillo. As for "multiple" people being able to get a pair, we only were able to get 4 pair. We have clients that have priority..

If we can ever help out a customer/client/friend we will and to the best of our ability, but sometimes there are things that can be more difficult and will take a lot of work so we may not be able to come through at times.

Edited by V1c

How is the durability of suede Virgils in inclement weather (planning to get the sand suede ones)? Will they need to be babied or can you stomp around in shit weather so long as they've been sprayed with silicon? My Clarks leak like a civ but as long as they've been agressively sprayed, it seems like they are leaking through the welt, not the suede itself. Thats fine for Clarks because they don't have leather or cork insoles to damage but I want to make sure Virgils can stand up to rain and a few puddles.

I wish Visvim would bring back the kangaroo virgils, really want a light colored pair of tough boots and really dislike the leather on the new Cantors.

Edit: are grizzlies just not available in stores? I went to FIL Harajuku and Isetan and the only pair I saw was on a visiting rep. Should have asked while I was there.

Edited by fals3

i had a pair of r suede beard boots and stomped around in puddles for a whole season my foot never got wet once, any pair of visvim i have had my feet never get wet, and for laces Union La sells some really good one spot on to the visvim ones the brand i think is called shoe strings or something like that go on their site

How is the durability of suede Virgils in inclement weather (planning to get the sand suede ones)? Will they need to be babied or can you stomp around in shit weather so long as they've been sprayed with silicon? My Clarks leak like a civ but as long as they've been agressively sprayed, it seems like they are leaking through the welt, not the suede itself. Thats fine for Clarks because they don't have leather or cork insoles to damage but I want to make sure Virgils can stand up to rain and a few puddles.

I wish Visvim would bring back the kangaroo virgils, really want a light colored pair of tough boots and really dislike the leather on the new Cantors.

Edit: are grizzlies just not available in stores? I went to FIL Harajuku and Isetan and the only pair I saw was on a visiting rep. Should have asked while I was there.

better to invest on a leather virgils. you might find some old ones from any hong kong resellers website. while for the grizzlies ,, they're probably sold out on those stores ..

how much does those Noragi's cost? Im thinking about just taking the poor mans route and buying a regular Japanese one and altering it...