Visvim SS12

emixam

Anyone know what the new 08 fit for the denim? They look like they might be a boot leg. Also does anyone know if they will be doing the 04 fit this year in unwashed? The only listed fits are 01, 03 & 08

08 is a boot cut

and yes 04 will come in unwashed

so whats the deal the the fbt jp, is this the new sizing standard? the lastest non jp fbt may have become astronomical in priced but at least i could still fit the bastards. the new ones are tts :P

so whats the deal the the fbt jp, is this the new sizing standard? the lastest non jp fbt may have become astronomical in priced but at least i could still fit the bastards. the new ones are tts :P

I've been told the FBT Kiowa runs about a half size large. So I normally wear an 11, and I was suggested to get a 10.5. Not sure about the "FBT JP" but I'm sure they're similar in sizing.

EDIT: i accidentally posted this originally in the old thread, meant to post it in this thread..

At the request of Lando, here's my (partial) Visvim footwear collection, i've sold off a couple of pairs...

To those always asking about sizing, these all fit me like a glove and they're all the same size (US 9).

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

SO, new feature on the visvim website, the 'release' page, where you can click in the name of any item and see what colors etc...

sanjuro kimono comes in indigo, lt indigo, and beige. lhamo shirt comes in indigo, lt indigo, and lt brown. lhamo shirt 51k yen, sanjuro 93k yen. looks like both are releasing this saturday. hopefully there will be no more questions?

I love visvim as much as the next sufu'r, but a $24,000 blazer? Can someone try to justify this to me?

"Ramie is one of the strongest natural fibers. It exhibits even greater strength when wet. Ramie fiber is known especially for its ability to hold shape, reduce wrinkling, and introduce a silky lustre to the fabric appearance. It is not as durable as other fibers, and so is usually used as a blend with other fibers such as cotton or wool. It is similar to flax in absorbency, density and microscopic appearance. However it will not dye as well as cotton. Because of its high molecular crystallinity, ramie is stiff and brittle and will break if folded repeatedly in the same place; it lacks resiliency and is low in elasticity and elongation potential.[4]

Despite its strength, ramie has had limited acceptance for textile use. The fiber's extraction and cleaning are expensive, chiefly because of the several steps—involving scraping, pounding, heating, washing, or exposure to chemicals. Some or all are needed to separate the raw fiber from the adhesive gums or resins in which it is ensheathed. Spinning the fiber is made difficult by its brittle quality and low elasticity; and weaving is complicated by the hairy surface of the yarn, resulting from lack of cohesion between the fibers. The greater utilization of ramie depends upon the development of improved processing methods."

ok forget about the blazer, scarce sufuer will kop it anyways. btw, mos def that hn will manage a version of the blazer with normal cotton for the lesser baller.

with that said, lets focus more to the less historical pieces.

obviokusly its just linen, but the (shades of) green that goes along here looks supersweet.

page03.jpg

Edited by Landmacht

@kiya

what is the white lowtop and black hitop?

The white low-top is the Selvedge Denim Skagway Lo.

There's three or four black high-tops, which one you referring to?

it is really too bad that the noragi is in 100% linen. It is described only as linen canvas...I was hoping it to be a mix of linen with luxsic or rayon such as this Lhamo shirt version (70rayon/30linen):

smasurfer-img600x450-1323714644iw5ysm95627.jpg

I really hate linen, it gets wrinkles and hairy too quickly. 500euro for a linen shirt is too much for me I guess.