fuck #menswear

homi29

everything is a remix, and there are no new ideas.

every style of dressing is hated on by someone, somewhere

so when you find a personal style, whatever that is there will still be a crowd you fit into, and others that hate what you wear.

I dont really get it, what are we supposed to do?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i aint gonna lie brah i participated in this whole menswear trend and when i look at some of my older fits im like "damn this shit was horrible" and some of them im like "okay this shit is cool"

i just read this entire thread and had a lot of laughs. this trend has taught me alot about the fashion industry and has ultimately forced me to rethink some shit.

okay i got all deep and philosophical on yall but you feel me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Read through quite a section of this thread, and #menswear blogs are EVERYWHERE. Sometimes, when the occasion calls for it, I do indeed dress a tad smarter. I wouldn't rock up to an interview, or any other extremely formal situation for that matter, in RO hybrid shorts and a droopy sabieri tee.

Tis a lot hating going on here though, a lot of 'bad fits'. How about someone go tot the trouble of comparing 'fits' and showing us mere learners what a 'good fit' is..

..be intriguing.

Read through quite a section of this thread, and #menswear blogs are EVERYWHERE. Sometimes, when the occasion calls for it, I do indeed dress a tad smarter. I wouldn't rock up to an interview, or any other extremely formal situation for that matter, in RO hybrid shorts and a droopy sabieri tee.

Tis a lot hating going on here though, a lot of 'bad fits'. How about someone go tot the trouble of comparing 'fits' and showing us mere learners what a 'good fit' is..

..be intriguing.

It should be apparent what a good fit is, and being able to tell when "smart" is done well. This thread isn't here to guide "learners" it's just to laugh at the retarded peacocking that is #menswear 

I dunno, some of this thread seems concentrated against that but then it just starts hating pretty much anything that draws from "classic" menswear in general, even simpler shit. To me it seems about as immature as Styleforum's Classic Menswear section having a whole thread bitching about Style Zeitgeist's aesthetic simply because it falls outside what they like. 

Yeah, a lot of #menswear dudes dress fucking ridiculously but this thread is just 30+ pages of needless bitching and negativity, I wish it hadn't been bumped.

It should be apparent what a good fit is, and being able to tell when "smart" is done well. This thread isn't here to guide "learners" it's just to laugh at the retarded peacocking that is #menswear

No, but I mean the meaning of the general term 'fit'.

May sound dumb, but does the word refer simply to how nicely a jacket or pair of pants 'fit' and shape the body, or just, in general, how a 'look' is pulled off?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...