fuck #menswear

homi29

that photo reminds me of this "activity" a friend of mine told me about. big group of people, you get assigned a partner (kept secret from them) and then you walk into a thrift store and buy them a full outfit. everyone goes out to dinner. ever since hearing about it i've thought about how fun it sounds to just buy some crazy stupid shit for whoever you're assigned. forget about jawnz for one evening.

Let's be real for a second.

The reason why so many #menswear tumblrs hate sufu is rightfully or wrongfully their fits would have been hated on here. It's much easier to stay within the safe confines of a 'community' that abides by the same idols, rules and trends.

It all went downhill after the waywt shit talking edition was closed.

quoted from:

stylepoints:

I’ve recently noticed that a disproportionate number of hashtagmenswear bloggers are college students. To them, I say: what the fuck is wrong with you kids? You have your whole life to dress like a grown man,and a small window in which you can indulge your more whimsical side. DON’T FUCKING BLOW IT.

This is the time to engage in all that counter-cultural bullshit that makes for fantastic storytelling later in life. Instead you’re strutting around campus like a fratted-out Alex P Keaton. Oh, you like clothes? Then experiment with them. I can’t wear Dries Van Noten but you assholes can…and you don’t. Whats with the gratuitous formality? Nobody is mistaking you for a grown-ass man, son. Trust.

I used to look at those Street Etiquette dudes with the side eye. Those dudes were the emperors, and they were prancing around SoHo butt-ass-naked. I couldn’t understand how no one seemed to notice that more often than not, those dudes looked ridiculous. More recently, I’ve come to the realization that I had been projecting myself onto them. Everything they wear would be laughable on me because I probably have 15 years, ten inches and 100 pounds on them. You know what? Those dudes are dope. They know exactly who they are and execute that shit flawlessly. You look fucking ridiculous, Little Lord Fratleroy.

bonus #TB content

tumblr_lz1sqz4o4F1qcagd9o1_500.jpg

needs more red white blue imo

Edited by EG562

Let's be real for a second.

The reason why so many #menswear tumblrs hate sufu is rightfully or wrongfully their fits would have been hated on here. It's much easier to stay within the safe confines of a 'community' that abides by the same idols, rules and trends.

It all went downhill after the waywt shit talking edition was closed.

theres even hate within our own community

denim bros vs me