fuck #menswear

homi29

This thread automatically loses any credibility because homi aka mr internetfame follows some of the biggest #menswear blogs. talk about #hypocritical. why try to start some shit if you're a fan of it.

Edited by tryagain

remember like 06-07 with the kids trying their best to be 80's as fuck? That shit turned into cosplay fast as fuck.

superdenim railroad shit is another example though it's somewhat related to #menswear

Edited by DÃœM

This thread automatically loses any credibility because homi aka mr internetfame follows some of the biggest #menswear blogs. talk about #hypocritical. why try to start some shit if you're a fan of it.

That's like saying 'why be critical of a team, player, specific play or some overall new trend when you're a fan of sports,' you idiot.

oh word?

"howtotalktogirlsatparties said: Right, because when these SuFu dudes are bitching on the internet about how Agyesh is dressing, Agyesh IS RUNNING PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FOR A MAJOR MENSWEAR BRAND. Will you let me indulge myself for one second - SMFH."

#menswear just getting a little too emotionally involved. du pictured is a genuinely caring and knowledgeable guy who's friends with a lot of us so ppl gonna be bitter about other ppl hating on his steez. if it was a picture of some college age brooks bros employed kid prepped out no one would have problem. du works for isaia btw which is probably the most peacocky menswear brand out there now but a lot of people eat that shit up (myself included at times).

that being said, i agree w/homi, shit is in a bad place, but every trend is when it's in the spotlight. when this all blows over it'll be like skiniks said and ppl will prolly only remember the bad but real heads will keep doing what they do. some of those real heads are gonna look real wack and some will continue to kill it, as with any other trend.

oh word?

"howtotalktogirlsatparties said: Right, because when these SuFu dudes are bitching on the internet about how Agyesh is dressing, Agyesh IS RUNNING PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FOR A MAJOR MENSWEAR BRAND. Will you let me indulge myself for one second - SMFH."

let's get real here.... no disrespect he's been working for two years... he's NOT running product development at isaia

#menswear just getting a little too emotionally involved. du pictured is a genuinely caring and knowledgeable guy who's friends with a lot of us so ppl gonna be bitter about other ppl hating on his steez. if it was a picture of some college age brooks bros employed kid prepped out no one would have problem. du works for isaia btw which is probably the most peacocky menswear brand out there now but a lot of people eat that shit up (myself included at times).

that being said, i agree w/homi, shit is in a bad place, but every trend is when it's in the spotlight. when this all blows over it'll be like skiniks said and ppl will prolly only remember the bad but real heads will keep doing what they do. some of those real heads are gonna look real wack and some will continue to kill it, as with any other trend.

did you just refer to #menswear bloggers as "real heads"

That's like saying 'why be critical of a team, player, specific play or some overall new trend when you're a fan of sports,' you idiot.

The fuck, homi ain't even part of the team. Did you not comprehend my comment? Using your own sports analogy, since you're probably some idiot prep boy, what I was trying to say is, "why try to hate on the celtics when you're a fan of the celtics.". Learn how to interpret homeboy.

I'd say a Celtics fan would be most outspokenly critical of a bad trade, poor management, etc. I don't watch sports so I won't draw out the analogy further, but if you're saying someone who likes menswear isn't qualified to call bullshit on any aspect of it, you're wrong.

Lol what bullshit did he call out? Chambray? Boat shoes? Yuketens? Things that aren't even that relevant in that culture anymore? Last time I checked everyone was dickriding new balances and monk straps like other people on this thread have pointed out. And once again I was just calling him a hypocrite. That's some shit people fail to call out nowadays cause you all too busy circle jerking.

this is intense...

honestly, i think it's hard for anyone to kind of hate. i mean we're all spending our time reading and writing on an online message board about clothes.

i kind of feel it's the pot calling the kettle black here.

i agree with all of you saying #menswear is turning into a insert non sequitur here but really, i think people are just having fun and making jokes.

pretty soon this trend will go and people will be hating on tech ninja, give it time.

this is intense...

honestly, i think it's hard for anyone to kind of hate. i mean we're all spending our time reading and writing on an online message board about clothes.

i agree with all of you saying #menswear is turning into a insert non sequitur here but really, i think people are just having fun and making jokes.

pretty soon this trend will go and people will be hating on tech ninja, give it time.

Agreed

Posted (edited) · Hidden by doctor_doom, January 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by doctor_doom, January 30, 2012 - No reason given

this is intense...

Agreed

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/gifguide/michael_scott/michael-what-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Edited by doctor_doom

so what? I still fux with homi though.

To be honest i've always felt torn in between this whole #menswear thing. Because I've always loved the "left field" avant garde stuff. But still appreciate well tailored classics. I had to take a second and realize though, that I dont want to look like I just stepped out of a time machine. I think thats whats wrong right now is alot of people not really trying to push the whole thing forward. its too retro and "classic" obsessed.

which is why I just walk the middle ground now...

in other news,ya boy Nick Wooster tryna trade teams

tumblr_lye0bqk3yx1qzvho5o1_500.jpg

Edited by AYIYI