What is the most expensive "mistake" in your wardrobe?

ThyAllMighty

Five years ago on tour in Japan I bought the baggiest No.3 Evisu's at some store in Tokyo. I intended to cop a pair of No.1's in a slim fit, but I was in a hurry and too new to denim to notice the quality of the 3 wasn't the pre-war loom stuff I'd been nerding out over or to know there's a lot other brands in that city that'd fit my style a lot better. As far as the questionable fit, everyone in the Japanese hardcore scene then was rocking this 90s gangster rap look and treating it like it was timeless and I got caught up in the moment for an hour or so. I immediately regretted it by the time we left for the next city.

Edited by seppuku

To update my earlier post, my jacket is getting tailored from a japanese 48 down to a runway-fitted 44, at the Ave. de Montaigne Dior store. That means that the most expensive mistake in my wardrobe would be this silk Prada shirt. It cost $1200, and I have never even worn it. It's for sale in my listings, if anyone is interested

Prada Shirt I

• 1 month later...

Bought a Rag & Bone blazer to flip along with some Pierre Hardy heels, got lazy about posting them and they've been sitting in my closet for a couple years now. Overall about $1000 tied up there in things I can't actually wear (very seriously considered putting a pair of PH in a superswap package during v5)

back in my pre-distressed denim days before i discovered the joys of raw denim, i got this crazy ripped up prps jeans with ridiculous fades for like $350. Very very soon after I switched to raw denim so I only wore it like once. Eventually ended up giving it away.

• 3 weeks later...

Evisu Denim Jacket from DrJays ughh so atrocious. Somebody told me that the giant painted Evisu logo on the back was nice. Good thing I bought it on sale.

haha... i fell into that trap as well... worn less than 5X and it is hanging in my closet as a good reminder of money wasted...

nysf0o.jpg

Prada Riding boots. I can't put them on with the heavyweight denim I am so fond of wearing and I live in 110 degree weather most of the year so they just sit in my closet these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Chanel black patent leather blazer!!!

It was so awful I sold it on eBay and bought a steel bracelet for my Technomarine diving watch with the proceeds

Currently No mistakes - either clothing or footwear!!

I'm getting the hang of this shopping lark - an expensive hobby!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...