Rustler Jeans Contest. Stomp Comp 2012

thecolosseum

Dear Sufu,

My buddy and I were at Walmart the other day and we ran into Rustler Rigid jeans. The jeans were originally priced at 12 dollars but were marked down to 10 so he and I could not resist. The denim on the Rustlers is actually pretty good, compares in my opinion to Naked and Famous and honestly they seem nicer than APC's minus the rivets. I know I will make people mad with those comments but try the rustlers out for yourself they are not bad and also they are great for denim lovers who wants a pair of work pants to beat up.The denim is 14 oz twill denim and they are constructed in Mexico. So with that said we are having a denim Rustler jeans showdown. A six month mini contest.We call it Stomp Comp 2012...get it, stomp around in your jeans all day?

Contest Start date: 1/26/2012

Contest finish date: 7/26/2012

My jeans will be only worn at work because I am currently working on a pair of Eternal 811's outside of work.

My friend will be wearing his Rustlers every day all day long.

I am interested to here what sufu has to say about this contest. If any one wants to join then go for it, just buy a pair of rustlers and take a fit picture. start date isn't strict so if you want to enter the contest then go ahead and do it even if your a little late.

P.S. I have bought these jeans before for 5 dollars so look out for sales if your interested.

will postfit pics tomorrow on the start date.

Edited by thecolosseum

Rustlers fade well and I will totally be interested to see how your pair fades with bro-wear. I see all sorts of farmer,trucker,and good ol' boy Rustler fades. ( I honestly contemplated starting a world tour with a vintage yellow tab pair i had once)

Edited by robbie

How dare you wear $10 jeans. I am foaming at the mouth right now. More money, more money.

my brothers wranglers make me want to go cry in my fancy iron hearts. Damn him and his manual labor job and his indifference to the appearance of his jeans.

you know what's really sad? i work behind a computer all day, and i'm constantly fantasizing about working on a farm, or construction, just so i would be able to get better fades.

Thanks for all the interest dudes. Heres my pair of Rustler... I'll post my buddies as soon as he comes over to my place. The cut of the jeans is a pretty traditional style. I stand at work so I don't have many honeycombs yet!

6773093839_cd21cafac5.jpg

DSC_0215 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

6773097673_557eb4460c.jpg

DSC_0219 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

6773101359_0a09dd6eb4.jpg

DSC_0220 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

6773091531_49ecd4df5a.jpg

DSC_0216 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

I'm seriously down for this even though I'm not super fond of the shade. I like mine darker--I'll have to rotate with my samurais to get this done. Let's do this.

I wonder how many people on here wear jeans just because they look good, fit well, they like the brand as opposed because they are entering some kind of contest?

I wonder how many people on here wear jeans because they look good, fit well, and are made well as opposed to what brand they are?

Goominim they are raw and thanks....Big Truck I understand your point, but for ten dollars you really cant go wrong. The fit isn't as skinny or fashionable as some cuts, but then again alot of LVC cuts arent exactly the most flattering either... The Contest part was just for fun. My friend and I were going to have a comp either way so i figured i'd SUFU it and see if there was any interest....It sounds like people have interest. so I'm excited. Ohh and MIXTURE if your down for a year and you'll play along I might be game for a year.... just depends on what other people think. let me know sufu dudes.

Edited by thecolosseum

The cut is a straight leg cut mid to high rise...I think Rustler calls it a boot cut...even though it has no flare..the cut is instead a straight leg cut that falls over the boot. Unfortunately there is a zipper instead of a button up. I am not sure if they are sanforized or un-sanforized...If I had a guess I would say they'll probably shrink a little but are most likely sanfornized. If any one knows if they are sanforized or un-sanforized, please enlighten us.

here they are

http://www.walmart.c...ntlyViewedItems

Edited by thecolosseum