Junya Watanabe Men's F/W 12.13 Paris

Look three is pretty good but everything else thuckth.

Though to be fair, the only reason Junya will ever look average is because everything/one else caught up to him.

This is an incredibly false statement. I found the collection bad at first as well and then I took a step away from it and came back. If you look at each piece individually it's a fantastic collection. The highlight for me is without a doubt the pants and a couple pieces of outerwear. Each pair of pants is a wild combination of waxed cotton, cord, tweed, leather, suede, it's insane. The outerwear is the same story, though I will agree it is not the strongest season for him in recent years for outerwear. Shirting looks nice as always but isn't anything insane. The shoes are awesome too if you look at detail shot, the mods have tweed toe boxes and the asymmetrical scotch grain lug soled plain toes are dope. It's a very strong collection for anyone that follows and collects Junya, for someone who has a piece here and there, of course it wouldn't look good.

I was never one to accept the ashethic of Junya. His collections make me feel like I am being trolled half the time. That is not to say that the collection is a total disappointment. Scotty is right in the fact that there are a lot of good separates that look like travesties together. Those low cut lug shoes with the leather and tweed materials! A lot of the straight cut trousers with a slight flare at the opening share the spotlight with simple tailored bottoms in blue and orange. I would love to have them in my closet if I felt the overall Junya character spoke to me instead of the Comme boy.

If you look at each piece individually it's a fantastic collection.

Well said sir, there's some beautiful pieces here. As ever with Junya the devil is in the detail and he always pushes his look, admittedly its only a couple of steps away from the fair isle dominated theme of last year and yes we're on the limits of the workwear, heritage look but my personal is that no one does it finer when taken in view of an entire collection.

Look three is pretty good but everything else thuckth.

Though to be fair, the only reason Junya will ever look average is because everything/one else caught up to him.

its the mono colour styling... i think the denim chore coats might look better over the beiger or blue trousers rather than paired up with the exact material

it doesn't really catch you like the past few junya f/w though

• 1 month later...