Juun.J Men's F/W 12.13 Paris

pita bread

I don't like this nearly as much as F/W 2011, but I still like it. Love the knits and the end of the show was all kinds of awesome.

Some of this is kinda similar to RO, with the contrasting colors, high-waist pants and the ultra oversize jackets.

Anyone got any info on the prints on the sweaters. I never like prints on stuff, and these are no exception, but they remind me of some artist's kitsch paintings I can't recall the name of I. I can also see the first (white) sweater being incorporated into an awesome all white everything fit.

Maybe because he's at some kind of middleground between Rick Owens with his leathers and gothic training gear, Gareth Pugh with his mathematical shapes and Raf Simons with his strict futurism, Juun falls between two (or was that three?) stools. Not to mention the clean western (as in European/American) feel slightly slanted by his Korean touch.

But that's what makes him so interesting to me. Coupled with the fact that he's constantly progressing from season to season while still staying true to his vision.

Not sure what you're asking?

EDIT: If you're asking where I see the korean touch, I think it's pretty hard to explain, but I always pick up these little details and find something korean there. Maybe it's just me putting meanings to things that aren't necessarily Korean. But when I look at for example the hats this season I'm reminded of the hats the hwa rang wore mixed with the western bowler. It's more than a bowler, it's a bowler for modern warriors.

But please elaborate. Would love to hear the other side of it.

Edited by aoi