supreme 2012 s/s

skiniks

Im persian. In our culture its offensive to be called an arab. With that, im still gonna rock the shit out of that sweater.

tbf, im lame as fuck tho

honestly, I think it's a ploy by preme to see what they can get the socially inept, akward, middle american teen, who has it hard while both parents happen to be doctors to wear before the realize their own foolishness.

I don't know if it's insensitive to make fun of that guy cause those could be prosthetics

prosthetics don't feel "really hot weather" (5)

this isnt their first time releasing the arabic print...

1429_1.png

what season was this??

Edited by MissingNo.

I don't really see how it's much different from them having it in any other language like japanese for instance.

and that folks, is the bubble that we're living in. There is a full fledged war raging in the middle east and syria is about 6 seconds from seriously fucking some shit up. pay attention. It's not the language per se but what it represents and the current political impact it represents domestically and internationanally.

and that folks, is the bubble that we're living in. There is a full fledged war raging in the middle east and syria is about 6 seconds from seriously fucking some shit up. pay attention. It's not the language per se but what it represents and the current political impact it represents domestically and internationanally.

yeah, this syria shit is REAL...freaky man.

I get that you think it's potentially politically charged and little kids wearing it don't know anything. Is that all you mean by foolish? If not, what exactly does it represent to you then? as in, what message does an average kid walking down the street wearing that unintentionally send to you that makes them foolish? support for the syrian government? Correct me if I'm wrong, I just don't think it's really trying to say anything. Maybe it puts something out there to open up discussions like these, but I don't know if you could really consider someone foolish for wearing it? You're making it sound like people shouldn't wear it at risk of being insensitive, but depending on who you ask, it may even be a good thing that these things are brought to attention. The only thing it really says to me is that these events are happening which is why I feel like a suburban kid could get away with it.

it's not the language per se but what it represents and the current political impact it represents domestically and internationanally.

as a person from the middle east, this strikes me as kind of silly. why is a language that 300 million people speak suddenly a stand-in for all of the problems in the middle east? would it not make more sense to boycott oil than hoodies with arabic writing on them?

you're both missing my point, I'm just pointing out how the highly impressionable middle american kid wearing it can create an emotional catharsis in the minds of their small minded american, right wing apologist parents . To some it's a big deal, to some it won't be, let's not make a big thing of it here.

p.s. those new vans are pretty lame

you mean they're using arabic script the same way they use the "fuck you" logo, to get a rise out of people, because that's what supreme do, get a rise out of small-minded people w/ provocative designs

personally, i think the "camel jockey" print they're using this season is a more clever "fuck you" than the arabic script ;-)

you mean they're using arabic script the same way they use the "fuck you" logo, to get a rise out of people, because that's what supreme do, get a rise out of small-minded people w/ provocative designs

personally, i think the "camel jockey" print they're using this season is a more clever "fuck you" than the arabic script ;-)

Oh…I see what you did there.

From the little research I have done re: the Arabic on the pullover it seems as though there is no direct/literal translation into English, but more like certain interpretations to be made, including the Christian counterpart, "hallowed by your name".

No Limits sold out in 5 mins. I literally sat there and watched it. Also those chain hats have a pretty interesting pattern. thinking about copping