Traveleing to Florida...don't know where to go

wangvicous

well if you know any cities your visiting I might be able to give some ideas.. Miami has a few cool smaller stores but basically its just mall after mall. if your going to miami I can give more details

I was thinkin Miami but I didn't know if there was anyplace better. I'm not really going to shop just to chill on the beach for a few, relax and see something different for a change. I asked about the store mainly to see if there might be something that I couldn't get up here down there that I might like.

honestly I dont think you'll find anything you cant find in NY..

if you go to Miami, you might want to check out base and arrive.

if you must go to a mall, Bal Harbor is the posh place for ladies and their poodles, has Dior, D&G, LV, Marc Jacobs etc. Aventura Mall is good.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/Shopping/lincoln-road-mall.html

go to miami, the rest of florida sucks major diiiick. while in miami check out soho lounge and the pawnshop lounge. sobe has good shopping on lincoln road and the beach is awesome, plus you'll see lotsa tities as miami biaches take it all off on the beaches.

paz

and take er easy

Are you out of your fucking mind? The rest of Florida sucks? Miami is no where near all this beautiful state has to offer, Florida has more lakes per square mile than any other state, it has beautiful beaches on both sides, diverse population and consistantly get voted as one of the most economical places to live in the USA. Now, if you are some kind of little mall pussy and your idea of a good time consists of shopping and nintendo maybe Florida outdoor culture is not for you, but get a clue. Surfing, skating, boating, fishing, rafting and canoeing down one of the many beautiful spring fed rivers. Great nightlife and seafood, several of the countries greatest amusement parks, (Busch Gardens, Disney World, Universal studios). Christ man!!!!!!! Ybor city, Key West, St. Augustine (oldest city in the United States). Cocoa Beach home of the biggest surf shop in the United States. The list goes on and on. The Emerald Coast is home to the most beautiful serene and untouched beaches left in the United States.

I agree as well, I am stuck here in North Texas (105 degrees today) for another 5 months (when I am fully vested in my defined benefits program) I am going to take the buyout option and move straight back to my birthplace...the beautiful sunny state of FL. I grew up at Jacksonville beach and was a lifeguard there for the city for 3 years and love everything about the state. The best part is no matter where you are, you can drive 45 minutes to an hour and be at coast. I agree the North Florida is stuck behind the times a bit but that is kinda of part of it's allure to me. I was Spec Ops in the military and traveled all over the US and abroad and I can think of no place I would rather grow old in than Florida.

Are you out of your fucking mind? The rest of Florida sucks? Miami is no where near all this beautiful state has to offer, Florida has more lakes per square mile than any other state, it has beautiful beaches on both sides, diverse population and consistantly get voted as one of the most economical places to live in the USA. Now, if you are some kind of little mall pussy and your idea of a good time consists of shopping and nintendo maybe Florida outdoor culture is not for you, but get a clue. Surfing, skating, boating, fishing, rafting and canoeing down one of the many beautiful spring fed rivers. Great nightlife and seafood, several of the countries greatest amusement parks, (Busch Gardens, Disney World, Universal studios). Christ man!!!!!!! Ybor city, Key West, St. Augustine (oldest city in the United States). Cocoa Beach home of the biggest surf shop in the United States. The list goes on and on. The Emerald Coast is home to the most beautiful serene and untouched beaches left in the United States.

go florida! ...(especially 321 and 904!)

miami and the keys is all you need dude. i do have a clue, i have surfed all of florida, checked out all the lakes waked in o town and did the rest of the touristy crap. at the end of the day the place with the most international flavor and most cosmo feel to it is miami like it or not. dont hate dude, just makes you look uncultured.

peace

How this for uncultured..FUCK YOU NOISEMAKER. Where exactly have you surfed? What exact rivers have you been down? I never said Miami was not cool, just that Fl. had more to offer than just one pop culture, video award city. Florida is not about international flavor anyway idiot and I made that clear in my post. You get all that you need in Manhattan where even when you are outside you still feel like you are in a mall. You made a very blanket statement about a place you know nothing about and got schooled, deal with it son. 904!!!!!!!!!

How this for uncultured..FUCK YOU NOISEMAKER. Where exactly have you surfed? What exact rivers have you been down? I never said Miami was not cool, just that Fl. had more to offer than just one pop culture, video award city. Florida is not about international flavor anyway idiot and I made that clear in my post. You get all that you need in Manhattan where even when you are outside you still feel like you are in a mall. You made a very blanket statement about a place you know nothing about and got schooled, deal with it son. 904!!!!!!!!!

quoted for truth

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'll be down in south beach next month - may 16-19th... i'm from nyc so i'm trying to check out some dope lounges, if any exist... underground/old skool hip hop, lounge, chill, trip hop... some where with dope beats... nothing too crowded... any suggestions???

also, any shopping spots worth checking out... i hear Arrive isn't too bad...

• 2 weeks later...