Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Chalk this up under shoes that will look better with age. 8 week wait is over. Fit is spot on. I was a bit nervous about the whole tracing of the foot thing Bakers does, but they did a better job of sizing these boots to my foot than the usual clowns at a shoe/boot store could do in person.

*' Smoke jumper on bounty hunter last. all CXL everything, 1/2 composite vibram sole, heel lowered 1/4"

so those are 8" bounty hunters, or smoke jumpers? bh are on semidress last, which your boots appear to be.

when did you order yours, and was it direct from white's or through bakers?

just about 8 months for me too and no delivery confirmation from bakers. did the foot trace too, but still getting nervous about sizing.

smokejumpers have lug soles__ so, prolly just bounty hunter, then.

smokejumpers have lug soles__ so, prolly just bounty hunter, then.

http://www.bakershoe...mper-by-whites/

Taken from the description of another boot: White's Smoke Jumper built on Semi Dress Last equals Baker's 'Bounty Hunter'. Comes with leather or nylon laces.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

just about 8 months for me too and no delivery confirmation from bakers. did the foot trace too, but still getting nervous about sizing.

i meant weeks. the first 6 weeks went quickly, but now i'm getting jumpy.

sorry, wasn't trying to fuss over semantics. just anxiously awaiting my white's to arrive. did you specify leather laces on your order? i assumed they would come with leather as all the pairs i have seen are with leather laces.

I think we are arguing semantic. I ordered a SmokeJumper built on the Bounty Hunter last. Thats what my order sheet says. If a smokejumper built on a bounty hunter last = bounty hunter, then yes, thats what I have.

http://www.bakershoe...mper-by-whites/

Taken from the description of another boot: White's Smoke Jumper built on Semi Dress Last equals Baker's 'Bounty Hunter'. Comes with leather or nylon laces.

exactly! 'wasnt really playing semantics, just trying to make clear so peeps won't get mixed up/confused with the models.

indeed, Bounty Hunter = Smoke Jumper on Semidress last__ there's no "Bounty Hunter Last"..

Edited by BrownMetallic

exactly! 'wasnt really playing semantics, just trying to make clear so peeps won't get mixed up/confused with the models.

indeed, Bounty Hunter = Smoke Jumper on Semidress last__ there's no "Bounty Hunter Last"..

actually, there is a bounty hunter last. If you want a semi dress last on anything other than a semi dress boot, you need to order bounty hunter last. when you order a semi dress, the standard last is the bounty hunter last. at least this is how I did it. I didnt see an option to order a "White's Bounty Hunter", so I had to sort of build it myself. Im sure if you order over the phone and tell them you want a bounty hunter, they will know what you are talking about though.

Screenshot2012-05-27at41530PM.png

i am so poor but these whiskey indys are my unicorn. there was no way i could pass up the chance, especially in my exact size/width. purchased from some gent on styleforum. these are his pics as i don't have them yet.

wJ02n.jpg

Oxy - beautiful, are these shoes cordovan?

actually, there is a bounty hunter last. If you want a semi dress last on anything other than a semi dress boot, you need to order bounty hunter last. when you order a semi dress, the standard last is the bounty hunter last. at least this is how I did it. I didnt see an option to order a "White's Bounty Hunter", so I had to sort of build it myself. Im sure if you order over the phone and tell them you want a bounty hunter, they will know what you are talking about though.

Screenshot2012-05-27at41530PM.png

there is indeed no bounty hunter last as what BrownMetallic said. it doesn't exist. to no fault of yours, i think you could have been confused by the build-a-boot site. it was discussed here previously when i made the enquiry about the difference between a bounty hunter and a semi dress (or a smokejumper, i cant remember) a long long time ago. i was also confused between a bounty hunter and a smokejumper.

a bounty hunter is quite simply a smokejumper on a semi-dress last i think the build-a-boot site should have listed that option as "Semi Dress Last (Bounty Hunter)" instead of "Bounty Hunter (Semi Dress Last)". not trying to be smart or anything but i think this explanation and affirmation will make things a lot easier and prevent a lot of confusion for anyone looking at a bounty hunter down the line... in any case, you have a pair of well-made boots that will last you forever. enjoy them!

Edited by ranonranonarat

Back to shoes... some of my Trickers Champagne waxy Stow

Can'r decide on the laces - grey or brown?! Starting to look nicely broken in.

79ebcb4a_Picture001.jpeg

32d1399a_Picture002.jpeg

b3f686fb_Picture003.jpeg

I'm duping from another forum... hopefully you don't ALL inhabit both or I'm rather repeating myself!

there is indeed no bounty hunter last as what BrownMetallic said. it doesn't exist. to no fault of yours, i think you could have been confused by the build-a-boot site. it was discussed here previously when i made the enquiry about the difference between a bounty hunter and a semi dress (or a smokejumper, i cant remember) a long long time ago. i was also confused between a bounty hunter and a smokejumper.

a bounty hunter is quite simply a smokejumper on a semi-dress last i think the build-a-boot site should have listed that option as "Semi Dress Last (Bounty Hunter)" instead of "Bounty Hunter (Semi Dress Last)". not trying to be smart or anything but i think this explanation and affirmation will make things a lot easier and prevent a lot of confusion for anyone looking at a bounty hunter down the line... in any case, you have a pair of well-made boots that will last you forever. enjoy them!

I see what you are saying, and I might have gotten the explanation mixed up, although what you are saying is what I was thinking, and doing a poor job of typing out. Thanks for the clarification. The boots are great, break in time seems to be pretty easy compared to some other boots I have had.

@steve7: While they both look very good and could be swapped depending on your outfits, I have to vote for the brown lace. Bring back that colour from the bottom of your boot.

Red Wing 213, worn nearly daily since christmas. Untreated so far.

6846906857_a72dde50c2.jpg

6846907247_ede0c2aa7c.jpg

Coach wallet is not mine ;)

6846907989_4c8a62e0f8.jpg

My 213s look almost exactly like this, at about 1 month of wear with 1 application of mink oil. The difference is that they didn't crease at all.

^ Also if you email alden they'll send you a replacement pair of laces.

I'd go ahead and buy the waxed laces. IMO they look much better and are more durable. I know they have em at the Alden store off Madison Ave for like $6/pair.

this might be of vague interest to fans of clarks' desert boots - the obituary of nathan clark and the story of how the boots were 'born'.

interesting that the design was first loved by the americans and the boots didn't go on sale in the uk until some time later, even though they're often seen as being quintessentially british...

i like the ae's, but maybe they'd look better with flat waxed laces? also, not sure about the eyelets. overall a good looking boot, noodle.

I completely agree. I got them to have something dressier for work, thus the skinny laces they came with. Flat waxed or a broader lace was going to happen in the future. Now that I have them I'm thinking I want another pair in a lighter brown or natural.

Oddly enough, my only two pairs of boots are walnut AE daltons and rust Wolverine 1000 Miles, haha. I kind of feel the same way about the laces on them. Where can I find a solid selection of broader laces?