Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

No hate or nothing for the guys who use Kiwi polish (seen quite a few posts recently stating the use of Kiwi), but thought i'd recommend giving Saphir polish a go - even the regular, non-Medaille D'Or stuff. I find that a little goes a long way, it polishes better, it provides more pigmentation, it nourishes the leather more (in that it doesn't become as dry as Kiwi) and it sure smells a lot better. If you want to get some on the cheap, try the British footwear shops and ask for Tricker's polish - which is essentially the same stuff as the baseline Saphir polish but at a pretty sweet price. Oh and they have a pretty decent range of colours. For a wider selection you'd have to go with regular Saphir-branded stuff though.

been lurking this thread for a while, and I am fascinated with the development of the shoes people post up here. Anyway really want a pair of shoes, but not sure where to start. Posted in the small questions thread, but no luck. Really like the Aldens, but not sure if they are on the heavy side, want something not too heavy. Anyway if someone could just post some brands to check out that would be a good start.

thanks

leather looks green on those pictures!

I showed my engineers to local cobbler asking if he could do a rewelt with double stitch; he said no problem but I still worry he has something else in mind for them lol

Tiro, sorry. They are the right size.

np man, enjoy them, the halfsole really makes them look alot better imho

leather looks green on those pictures!

I showed my engineers to local cobbler asking if he could do a rewelt with double stitch; he said no problem but I still worry he has something else in mind for them lol

Make sure you show them a picture. A while ago, i asked this cobbler to do a double welt over the phone and he did a Norwegian welt instead which is kind of a double welt, but I'm not a big fan of that.

zamberlan.jpg

Edited by onehundy

been lurking this thread for a while, and I am fascinated with the development of the shoes people post up here. Anyway really want a pair of shoes, but not sure where to start. Posted in the small questions thread, but no luck. Really like the Aldens, but not sure if they are on the heavy side, want something not too heavy. Anyway if someone could just post some brands to check out that would be a good start.

thanks

Alden Indy boot is a good place to start. Wolverine 1000's are a good boot to start and so are red wing GT's. It's really up to you. Trickers are nice too from what people posted on this thread but i never experienced with them personally. I also like the whites semi dress which are extremely customizable through bakershoe.com. Viberg's are nice boots too, but kind of pricy for what they offer.

Do RRL engineer boots fit true to size? Does anyone have a pair? I'm usually a 7.5, but I wear a 7 in the Mister Freedom Road Champs. The RRL boots are sweet and made by Julian as well, so I'm trying to buy a pair but can't find too much info on sizing.

I just picked up a pair, so I'll be able to provide my measurements when they come in.

Cheers!

Do RRL engineer boots fit true to size? Does anyone have a pair? I'm usually a 7.5, but I wear a 7 in the Mister Freedom Road Champs. The RRL boots are sweet and made by Julian as well, so I'm trying to buy a pair but can't find too much info on sizing.

They run fairly small. I grabbed a pair a month or so ago, and had to exchange them for a larger size.

I am an 8.5, and the 9 is perfect for me.