Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^ Great find rayw44 :)

Re: CXL, I find the regular smooth cattlehide variety takes a shine easily, even without a wax/cream polish. I'd usually just use some good quality conditioner (oil/wax mix) and a horsehair brush. Certainly with a good polishing agent it's not too difficult to get a nice shine.

By the way, a heads up on the horsehide boots group-buy project.

They will be bench-made in England using Horween's CXL horsehide in burgundy on top of a full storm welt, stained natural. The style of the boot will be a 5 to 6" service boot, last shape still to be determined.

Price per pair is currently estimated at 150 British pounds :D

Delivery around 10 weeks after order submission.

We have 44 people on the list, so spaces filling up fast - do let me know if you're interested!

thanks. they´re from superdenim indeed.

considering those myself, on the fence between the US10,5 and US11 though...

btw, those johnny boots, are those made by Viberg?

I got these off eBay a month or so ago, and immediately shipped them off to Raul at Willies. I couldn't be happier with the service and the product.

DSC_6757copy.jpg

DSC_6762copy.jpg

He even threw on Cats Paws without me even having to ask. I have a larger foot, and I feel like it has to be pretty difficult to find them in a size that can be cut down for my boots.

DSC_6765copy.jpg

I can't find any brand name in them, but they were listed on eBay as coming from the 50's. I doubt that, myself, but I would be curious to hear what the more knowledgeable people on the forum think.

You're almost certainly right to doubt that. They are probably from the 60s or 70s, but they have a great toe profile and really nice vamp leather.

The shafts and straps are split leather, but that isn't a big deal considering how nice the vamp is. They are a nice pair, much nicer after the resole too. Good find!

Dear Baker/White's...

This is why you need to offer Natural Chromexcel:

RzsN2.jpg

Rest assured that the internet will go ballistic for this leather, with yours truly leading the charge.

Those are pretty sweet...We're going to TRY to introduce this leather next year. We have a few other leather options coming first, but we haven't forgotten about Natrual CXL!