Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

As much as I need another pair of boots , not !! , I really liked the look of the Jackson Shoes zug grain boot which periodically appears on ebay . I had purchased a pair last year but returned them in favour of the Hoggs veldtschoen . However I decided to give them another go and they arrived today and was I glad I bought them . For £160 you get a boot made by Sanders ( highly underated in my opinion) whose country range retail around £190 to £200 . A timeless classic plain toecap design boot in a heavy zug rain which is fully lined bar the tongue . The zug differs from that used in the Hoggs veldt , not as greasy/waxy , but still supple . Seven eyelet laceup with a part bellows tongue . welted leather mid sole with commando outer sole and heel . Amazing quality and value for money , putting some other manufactuers to shame (again my opinion)

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

link to Jacksons' ebay page - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/jacksonshoes?_trksid=p4340.l2563

i'm very happy with the transformation the natural chromexcel leather has taken in one season of hard wearing. i walk for miles in these all over NYC.

There are slight variations to the starting color of natural chromexcel from what i have seen from various releases. This pair started out almost band-aid'ish color, and now is maturing into a nice walnut.

I have only brushed these with a horsehide brush and treated twice with Saphir Renovator.

im very interested to see how this leather transformers over the real long haul.

Alden_Chromexcel_Longwing_004.jpg

I love those, davichan. I just got some natural chromexcel hides from Horween today and they're a bit lighter and a bit greyer than your shoes, but I really love that leather.

Still waiting for Baker to get it for custom Whites...

thank you Hollows,

i just checked out your site,

and i must say, NICE!

you really make very solid pieces.

im into it many of the pieces you make.

will def keep you in mind for future purchase.

I was kinda upset this morning when I found out my package didn't leave the UK until Friday. However, I arrived home to have these babies waiting for me. Thanks to crashtestbrummie for the barrage of pics that made me buy and rkusmart for the info on the Shoe Healer group buy.

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0308.jpg

^ Hah, good luck with that. You do know that Lotus doesn't exist anymore right? and that the people who have them on here already spent quite awhile hunting them down and are not likely to part with them anytime soon.

Do the leg work, searching ebay on a regular basis is going to be your only chance, most likely.