Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

just got some of the leather laces from White's. they're super high quality, really nice and oily. Rob at White's told me on the tour that the guy who makes these only has one customer, White's. Pretty cool.

6218671028_c1ced2106d_z.jpg

you can definitely feel the difference from the piddly semi-dress laces they send with the boots.

Which leather is that?

Did anyone here participate in the Trickers Eaton group buy through Shoe Healer? I figured this would be the place to check.

Anyways, I was informed that they're ready approximately two months early! I paid yesterday and was told they'd ship today... hopefully I get this sometime next week.

I've never had anything horsehide but I was wondering how to tell the difference between horsehide and cowhide. Lots of ebay sellers like to label their boots as horsehide but I'm not so sure they are. Is there an easy way to tell?

^ I don't think there is unless you have access to microscopy equipment.

I understand that the appearance of the grain varies with tannage, and older horsehides, say, early/mid 20th century is quite different in appearance to the horsehide we see nowadays...not to say there is a huge variation in the appearance of horsehides today.

anyone planning on picking up a pair of USMC service boots from WWII impressions? they are expecting a restock soon.

Red Wing released a Irish Setter edition of the 875, Pecos and round toe boots. Color is called gold.

9875_is_1.jpg

9875_is_4.jpg

9875_is_6.jpg

Ramsey is tickling my fancy. Someones double monk is on my radar for sure, probably not until after Christmas.

Yeah, it's a good-looking shoe...monks never tickled my fancy until recently, and now I'm thinking of getting a pair next year, too.

do they do a fairly plain country shoe anymore?

Not sure, but they are apparently focussing on MTO a lot more, so anything is possible. And you'd have a far more interesting range of colours than Tricker's, by the looks of it.

So I'm in New York, i went to the Alden store and had an accident where my wallet spilled open and my card happened to fall into the sales guys hand resulting in me accidentally buying some cigar indy boots.

oops.

Pictures will follow on my return home.

In the mean time, these are my favorite make up of any Alden and I will be selling my now defunct #8 indies (US9) and a few others to make space. Sales thread and ebay listings also to follow.

So I'm in New York, i went to the Alden store and had an accident where my wallet spilled open and my card happened to fall into the sales guys hand resulting in me accidentally buying some cigar indy boots.

oops.

Pictures will follow on my return home.

In the mean time, these are my favorite make up of any Alden and I will be selling my now defunct #8 indies (US9) and a few others to make space. Sales thread and ebay listings also to follow.

If you've got a missus, I hope this "accident" goes over better than the excuse where an unmentionable falls into another unmentionable resulting in brief joy. Are boots better than sex?