Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

From what I've seen/experienced, Chippewa has an incredible quality to price ratio. I've worn a pair of the Katahdins for over a year. Probably at least a year or 14 months of cumulative wear, they're still going strong!

Some people had issues with the leather not being full-grain, but I will sing the praises of them all day long. Also, super comfortable.

i was hanging out at a sneaker store i used to buy stuff from, and i saw these bad boys. theyre chromexel leather on this clean high top.

http://www.hiphopsince1987.com/2011/09/converse-first-string-%E2%80%98dr-j%E2%80%99-pro-leather-%E2%80%98horween%E2%80%99/

what model is the roy boots, from context + alden based on?

Still having indecisive thoughts about which i should get..

As I heard feedbacks that the jeans type i wear, which are rather slim, 18-19cm hem, would not go well with the White's SD as they are bulky looking.

But looking at WB-SMJ050811002M2.JPG

It just looks so good, so sleek, that the word bulky seems nonexistant.

So alden pops up in recommendations, when i mentioned i want a pair that goes well with slim jeans.. and further looking into it, the roy context/alden boots look quite good, except the half a year wait is quite a turn off for me.

Are there any brands, or models i should be looking at if i want a slim, sleek, plain toe, good quality pair of boots at hopefully under $500?

I have roys and white's sd. The white's are way bulkier, chunkier and heavier for sure. They are more of a proper work boot, even though they are the lightweight boot that White's offer.

Roys are just a plain toe boot on trubalance last with CXL leather and a crepe sole. Several Alden retailers have some sort of PTB available. Try Unionmade, Leathersoulhawaii, epaulet, Leffot, Blackbird... there are others.

But honestly, just step away from the internet. If you want SD, order them. Who gives a fuck whether dudes on the internet approve or not.

OK, these aren't exactly 'look better with age' but they sure do polish up nicely. AE Kenilworth blucher (new for Fall 2011).

These were with a coat of AE branded wax that I applied while in a hotel this week after purchase. Slightly better than out of the box, but not by much.

8860dc23_DSC_9604j.jpeg

45d4ee7c_DSC_9606j.jpeg

The following images were taken after I got home and went at 'em with my good, big brushes and cloths. The polish used is regular ole Kiwi brown, ~3 coats.

6c5ec3db_DSC_9641j.jpeg

988ccbf2_DSC_9642j.jpeg

baf86f33_DSC_9645j.jpeg

what model is the roy boots, from context + alden based on?

Still having indecisive thoughts about which i should get..

As I heard feedbacks that the jeans type i wear, which are rather slim, 18-19cm hem.

bootsbjkdbcf.jpg

Wolverine 1000 mile

^ Nice. I'd get a pair of commando sole workboots and keep these beauties as is

can not be done my friend

they are recently considered unwearable as of yesterday

i wore a hole right through the sole of my right boot

the Goodyear welt construction has seen better days :\

6201198551_13b5018695_z.jpg

As a matter of fact, L.L. Bean does have their lifetime warranty

Maybe they will resole these as they do with their Bean Boots ?

I would agree but the niches and juts seem like a bad idea on ladder rungs right. Don't have a strong enough ladder to test it out though.

Probably better than a solid leather sole.

yeah.. the only painters who wear leather soles are the dead ones..

I know there are plenty of pics of Whites boots on here but not too many of them being worn. Im really interested in getting a pair of Bounty Hunters but Im not wholly convinced that I can get away with wearing the older style of boots with my jeans. If anybody has any pics of their Whites 'on the foot' I would bevery grateful if they could post them. The side profile is what Im after. Cheers.